English Commentary

Tried another test line and S Sport plays but glitches heavily every 10 seconds.

It's the best I've got it so far though still unwatchable.

Does anybody have this playing smoothly atm?

All was ok again for all of yesterdays matches (14/03/21) for me.

As a test, I tried a test line from another provider but that never cleared.

Am I right in saying that the only channels (that we can pick up with a dish) that show the champions league with English commentary is bt sport and virgin Ireland?

Maybe not, many European sports channels have their own commentary and also have a second sound channel with the host broadcast commentary which they may provide to the viewer unless they are subject to a ban. The reason why European broadcasters can no longer provide the host commentary is purely down to the premier league banning order which Non European channels are not subject to. Not sure if there is a similar UEFA ban or indeed a FA ban for FA cup. The think that the football league have a similar ban as Sport digital dropped uk commentary a couple of years ago. So best to wait for a champions league, europa league week and check each channel

Dont think there is a ban with the FA Cup, as SS Sports on 16e and 42e had games in english, dont know whats going on with Sportdigital this season, some championship games have had the sky sports commentary , and sometimes there have been games with just the stadium background noise when to switch the audio to english.

Main thing is to get a clear picture of the game nopt bothered about ex players talking crap.
When you pay your £40 for a ticket and go to the game you don't get any commentary.

with var, I wouldn't be surprised if they start doing it now lol

for england cricket games that are shown on sky sports, you can buy a little radio or take your own to the ground, and get the live commentary - but don't think it will work for football

S Sport on 16 and 42 are not European channels, they are Asian which is why they can't stop them (short of not selling them rights). I think Sport digital control this manually and sometimes forget to switch to stadium sound. On the subject of commentary, if I have no English I feed the radio commentary into my external sound system via a now tv box that lets you pause live tv or radio for up to an hour. Depending on the video channel and commentary source I set a rough delay of 10 to 14 seconds and then tweak it after kickoff if out. You will be amazed by the variation of delay. Local Radio is more or less a second behind live, 5 live another second or so and then video is all over the place. DAZN Germany is 14 seconds behind local radio but slovak sport on 16 East for example is around 9 seconds

S Sport on 16 and 42 are not European channels, they are Asian which is why they can't stop them (short of not selling them rights). I think Sport digital control this manually and sometimes forget to switch to stadium sound. On the subject of commentary, if I have no English I feed the radio commentary into my external sound system via a now tv box that lets you pause live tv or radio for up to an hour. Depending on the video channel and commentary source I set a rough delay of 10 to 14 seconds and then tweak it after kickoff if out. You will be amazed by the variation of delay. Local Radio is more or less a second behind live, 5 live another second or so and then video is all over the place. DAZN Germany is 14 seconds behind local radio but slovak sport on 16 East for example is around 9 seconds

That's good to know that you can pause radio commentary on the now tv box. I tried to do that a few weeks back with my Q box but have sky disabled the option

There's another option if you have a soundbar and an IPTV sub on your phone or tablet. It can be the same IPTV sub you use with your stb, as long as you don't play a channel from both devices at the same time.

Play the match, with English commentary, on Sky or BT Sports etc. from your IPTV sub on your phone / tablet connecting it's audio to your soundbar. Play any Euro sat sports channel from your E2 receiver showing same game on the TV and pause the Euro sat channel for about 30 seconds to get it in time with the audio from the IPTV source.

Once you begin playing again you should have perfectly synced English commentary with video from your Euro sat sports channel. Use the on screen scoreboard to assist in the syncing.

Back