Enigma2 Box With VIX Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Followed this tutorial this evening for setting up my new octagon fs8 box.

I am a total novice having only found out about CS last week and I must say this was a great help and without it I would have been lost.

The only one issue I had was that the softcam never activated once it installed so I was scratching my head for a bit as had no picture once config and line files were put in the right folders. One simple thing can trip you up but methodical thinking and some menu trawling will get you sorted.

I'm now enjoying some TV thanks to this board and its members.

Thanks and cheers all!

Thanks

Thanks

---------- Post Merged at 04:53 PM ----------

Hi when I copy the enigma file to the temp file it is showing as done. but then it is not appearing on the local installer on the TV.
Any help greatly appreciated!
I have a vu+ duo and have recently done a factory reset!

Last edited:
So you clicked the TMP folder in "7" and then put the .ipk file in "8"? I am presuming this is the step you are at, did you get the file from the first page? Have you unzipped it (it is a .rar file so it is compressed)
I have to guess that you haven't, as you talk about an "enigma" file, there is no mention of this in my tutorial.

Hi Billystar.

Are you trying to copy a IPK file to the temp directory and then install from the Vu. If that's the case you can install from a USB drive as well if you copy to a USB drive and then insert into the receiver it will show the contents of the drive and also give you the option to install ipk file, alternatively are you using something like Filezilla to copy to the VU.

Cheers
JB

Hey guys, sorry to be a pain but I'm really struggling with this. I have an SF8, I have done all the steps outlined above in this great tutorial. I have an N:line which has been confimed as active. My issue is that when I go to the Vix/Softcam set up panel I can see "MGcamd.1.35a with a green tick next to it, but no actual sly paid channels are viewable now. Any ideas?

Do I need a new MGCamd file or something? My N line was sent to me in a CCam format but I just renamed it Mgcamd.list.

Any advice would be appreciated! scratching my head here..

I think they are in a slightly different format and just renaming one isn't the same thing, can't your provider send you it in newcamd format?
I have attached a blank version of each (well not blank, they contain my line with a few well placed *'s to hide my specifics) you can try putting in your own line details.
where it says put the MGCamd in the folder, put the newcamd file you have just made.

Attachments

• blank CCcam and Newcamd.rar
    425 bytes · Views: 177
Thanks mate. That's exactly what it was. The newcamd.list file was in fact just a ccam file saved under a different name! Silly me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for everyone's posts on here btw. Couldn't have done it without this thread/guide in particular! Much appreciated!

Whilst I'm here. Quick question. I have a Octagon SF8 with Vix and I plan on getting an Nline. If I hook up any external HD (eg my spare 500GB mains powered) that means I can record? And what about pause/rewind live tv? Someone mentioned this but I ct can't find it in settings.

Also, am I right in thinking that because I decided to save money and go for the SF8, I can't watch one thing whilst recording another?

Lastly (sorry) - why do I need to download a channel list/bouquet from here? What benefits would it have over the Vix autobouquets?

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it may only allow you to record and watch on same tp,if on different tp recording will have first stab over your viewing,you could setup timer recording in advance while not there for viewing.
think pause and live tv needs a usb or hardrive for it to work.
i put a channel list on box and use abm onwards ,dont think there would be a problem in scanning sat for channels and using that for abm

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Hi guy's tried to resist posting this cause i really really wanted to get this running my self using this guide but been at 8 going on 9 hours and cant figure it out. I have everything going and my mg_cfg in the var keys folder my i'm using a cccam.cfg and used this ipk enigma2-plugin-cams-CCcam_v2.2.1-ViX.ipk and placed the cccam.cfg file from my skybox in the etc folder then activated it in vix but it will not work any one know if i did this wrong. Also i did initially install the enigma2-plugin-cams-mgcamd.1.35a_1.0-r3_mipsel but it gave me ths same result. I did notice that the cccam.cfg files have much more in them than mine does it only has a single line could the be the problem. I will start taking stupid pills tomorrow just wanna get this sorted tonite.

TIA

if you have a nline you use the mgcamd one.........The softcam file (.ipk file) available >> HERE << (enigma2-plugin-cams-mgcamd.1.35a_1.0-r3_mipsel)from first post
if you use a cline you use the cccam one...............the softcam file (.ipk file.......enigma2 plugin-cccam 2.2.1 mipsel

far as i can remember cline just needs to be entered and saved then go to blue button vix--softcam setup and check your cam is running.

Last edited:
Yes i have a line that starts n: and i have re installed the mgcamd 1.35a ipk in the tmp folder and activated the softcam on the vix manager. It's the cccam.cfg file i put it in etc but it won't work i know i am connected to net so i'm confsed the etc folder is that in the var or just the main temp folder cause i tried both twice. and still no further on this line works on the old skybox i disconected today before i started this any other ideas?? I get bbc etc no problems.

---------- Post Merged at 11:12 PM ----------

Guy's i think i know where i'm going wrong the CCam.cfg file in the folder do i just add my line to that as none of the info from that file is in the n line but dunno where in the text to put the info. Anyone??

scrap the cccam as its confusing you if your using an nline,somebody else left a link for note pad setup to use your nline in ,see if i can find what tut it was.

post 26 might be one you need to enter your details on to add to box.

Last edited:
I have installed the mgcamd and it is active box ticked and set to auto start. I put my CCam.cfg file in the etc folder and nothing happens i get fta but nothing else. I assume this is an nline as the beginning of the line starts with n:. Should i just copy paste that line into a newcamd.list file and put it in the usr/keys/ folder as described above?

Thanks alot for the help guy's this is really one of the most enjoyable if not frustrating things i've had to do in a while and i fell like i'm almost there.

Melt down averted i stepped away for a couple of hours and went through tut again and i'm sorted. could not have done it without the help of u guy's so thanks so much.

wanted to update to a newer image on max digital 1000hd it seems there is a new boot loader for my box to use first.
currently on v3.0 and 808.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back