Enigma2 Box With VIX Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, had a question about my new Octagon SF8 Enigma 2 box with Vix image. I was just wondering about the sorts of capabilities this box had? Originally I expected to use it just as a satellite receiver, and then I read here that I can connect an external HD to record TV and have pause/rewind functions. Then I looked into channel scanning and bouquets set up, and then I came across the ability to view what is shown on the box to my smartphone (nice quality too on LAN). Was just wondering - are there any other cool features/capabilities that I've not yet realised!? Thanks very much!

Well pal I just factory reset the box and read wheelo's guide with a little mor concentration rather than excitement lol the guide works I just got the folders mixed up as to where to put the Cccam.cfg file and that was it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cactikid howd you go with the bootloader? Ive a new one for my 2+'s aswell and was wondering had the bootloader any improvement visable?

Hey guys, had a question about my new Octagon SF8 Enigma 2 box with Vix image. I was just wondering about the sorts of capabilities this box had? Originally I expected to use it just as a satellite receiver, and then I read here that I can connect an external HD to record TV and have pause/rewind functions. Then I looked into channel scanning and bouquets set up, and then I came across the ability to view what is shown on the box to my smartphone (nice quality too on LAN). Was just wondering - are there any other cool features/capabilities that I've not yet realised!? Thanks very much!

If you are in the UK, you can have the BBC player, CH4 player, it has the possibility of an IPTV player.

Cactikid howd you go with the bootloader? Ive a new one for my 2+'s aswell and was wondering had the bootloader any improvement visable?
you dont own original boxes got stuck on the boot screen after i put the image on and tried installing.tsmedia.

you dont own original boxes got stuck on the boot screen after i put the image on and tried installing.tsmedia.

Yes as I said, 2+ not 1000. And a different bootloader. Well im half way through apollo now anyway. It didnt kill my box either

---------- Post Merged at 08:36 PM ----------

Dam lol moving quick

They're gonna run outa names before they run out of updates! ;-)

Mine working all good but suspect id hit same wall as you installing apps. Ive put copies I had of tspanal and cccam2.1.3 on no probs and think ill stop there before crashing it lol Or at least until the plugin downloader is working again lol
Anyway off topic sorry just realised

Thanks for this great tutorial wheelo...I'm up and running now on my new SF8 :woohoo: but will probably mess up somewhere lol as I tinker and try out all the features.
My first time with an E2, so bit of a learning curve but so far so good after coming from F3/F5 and a Blade BM7000s previously.
I haven't used the channel list but went for autobouquets instead so my navigating around the channels is still a bit messy.
Also tried that tip from ruud82 re the VFD zap speed, but can't say I noticed much difference in channel change speed so set it back to as it was, I prefer the clock/channel number display anyway.
The only thing I'm slightly disappointed with is the SF8 has no audio inputs (on every other box I've had before I've been able to listen to the radio channels with tv screen off via audio/hifi setup) but not a deal breaker.

Last edited:
vix softcam for biss

Hi all,
A total newbie here, I have just received my new Opticum ax Odin e2 box and followed this very good tutorial however it does not seem to work for me.

I have loaded Vix Zeus and I want to view intelsat 907 but cant seem to get a softcam to work or find how to enter biss keys!
the softcam in the tutorial is not supported by this vix version, error message is "found non standard softcam, this may fail" I am at a total loss here.

I also found this Various biss keys and other problems and one of the posts suggests that only Openpli supports biss with this Sat?

Help please!

cheers

Hi all,
A total newbie here, I have just received my new Opticum ax Odin e2 box and followed this very good tutorial however it does not seem to work for me.

I have loaded Vix Zeus and I want to view intelsat 907 but cant seem to get a softcam to work or find how to enter biss keys!
the softcam in the tutorial is not supported by this vix version, error message is "found non standard softcam, this may fail" I am at a total loss here.

I also found this Various biss keys and other problems and one of the posts suggests that only Openpli supports biss with this Sat?

Help please!

cheers

if you say open pli only works with biss image box would need flashing to that image which supports that cam and keys.
.............................................................................................................................................................................................

@wheelo noticed now on new vix apollo24 the ipk file is not needed for my cccam to ftp over now as must be in image now,only needed to add my cfg file to ftp to /var/etc now.choice of cams are now downloaded from plugins-softcams and all you need to do is to setup via blue button..

not done the mgcamd yet so wondering if its just the mgcfg needed or /and newcamd list.

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if someone could help, I have just bought a VU+ Solo2 box with VIX image installed, I have installed CCcam and have my C line, but when I go into the \etc folder I find that there is no CCcam.cfg file, I was wondering if anyone had an example of this file, with their details obviously hashed out or something.

Any help would be appreciated, I have tried to create the file myself but no joy :(

You need to create the file with notepad ++ add your line details and name it Cccam.cfg. Then pop it into etc folder. Also make sure you start the cam blue button the soft cam manager make sure green tick in box of the cam version u r running. Oh and enable it at start up.

I have a Amiko Mini with Vix image. I've followed the instructions as in the OP and when I put a encrypted channel on there is just a black screen. I've gone through the instructions again and I have done everything as advised. Where do I go from here?

Blank screen is basically telling you your line isn't connected, first thing to check
is your cam enabled.

Also if you have an N line running in MG Camd

have you changed the front end to read "CWS= " instead of "N: "

I imported it as a CCCam. Should I change that to a newcamd.list?

I was a bit confused on the instructions actually on this point. It talks about a newcamd.list file then when telling you where to put it, it refers to is as MG Camd. Is this the same file?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back