Enigma2 Box With VIX Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so I have an n line. I have converted this to CWS = and saved as newcamd.list

That file and mg_cfg that I downloaded from page one are both present in var/keys

I have tested the line at testious and it is functioning, but I still have a blank screen?

I'm setting this up for a mate. I started on his telly and now I am on mine, so some of the display on this screen I can't see properly...

I can see Softcam Setup
Active:
Select: (green tick) MGcamd. 1.35a

Then I can see that red is to close. If I press green it says 'starting MG Camd', blue unticks the green tick. and I can't see yellow

you can adjust display- menu-setup-system-user interface-position setup-------move left/right using left/right buttons of ok on remote,do them all then ok and exit,picture now fits screen.
...........................................................................................

is active showing mgcamd 1.35a.
and select with green tick showing mgcamd 1.35a

red button says close,yellow says restart,green says stop,blue says disable startup.

Edit: I type slow....What he ^^^ said lol

You need to get the screen user interface setup properly if you're missing some on screen options.

Menu/Setup/System/User Interface//Position setup and in there adjust the settings so it fits the screen correctly. Once configured press green button to ok/save settings.

Last edited:
I've tried that option to move the screen and it seems to be staying exactly where it is. I pressed right until I got to over 100 and it doesn't seem to be moving at all.

After Active:

There is nothing

After Select:

There is a green tick and MGcamd. 1.35a

---------- Post Merged at 09:29 PM ----------

Ah okay, sorted screen now

sounds like you dont have your cam active,ok my cam now does not show with active and no green tick with select,blue button puts green tick ont select,green button to start cam which now shows in active.

Sorry mate, couldn't follow that. What do I need to do?

---------- Post Merged on 22-12-2014 at 12:00 AM ----------

If you mean press green button I do that, but nothing changes. it says MGCam started, but then reverts to norm.

If I press info it says "Couldn't find mgcamd"

Okay, I have realised an error I was making. After I had initially imported the ipk and then installed the extension, I had later done a factory reset so that was missing. So I have done this again now and then dropped in mg_cfg and newcamd.list again. I still seem to have the same problem though.

Sorry for being so crap!

message for u

Attachments

• Ian-Stevenson-Gone-To-Lunch.jpg
    Ian-Stevenson-Gone-To-Lunch.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 32
  • softcam page.jpg
    softcam page.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
ok try this,menu-plugins-green button download plugins--------softcams--mg camd1.38 select ok and let bbox reboot then recheck via blue button.

you imported what ipk file?

Last edited:
IPK file off the tut.

I have done as you advised and I now have

Active: (blank)
Select: (green tick) MGCamd. 1.35a & mgcamd_1.38d

thanks

---------- Post Merged at 10:48 PM ----------

Okay and now it has let me activate mgcam1.38

You are probably missing two files,

Download this version here

Put your line in the newcamd.list file.

ftp newcamd.list and Mg_cfg file to var/keys using filezilla

(You can use the files for 1.35 or 1.38)

Sorry !! didn't read back far enough !! lol

Last edited:
what you could do is setup autobouquetmaker to get your favourites.
with the cams make sure only one is ticked like 1.38 as that seems to work.

@ bees said he has 2 files in var/etc

with the new vix images i dont load an ipk file but on folder on pc i have 2 files mgcamd and newcamd list i ftp over to box as well as downloading the cam from download plugin section,might things have changed??

Okay, well 1.38 seems to be running fine. I'm okay to stick with that aren't I?

I think there is a problem with newcamd.list

I previously just used skybox so went with cws = and then the line I was provided with. I'm not sure which bits I have to edit out exactly in the example above. I see it references an IP address for example. I'm not sure if I need that?

Thanks both again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back