Epl options

Yes likely be 2160/50 ...if you asking abt fubo canada for rest then I think that will remain at 720/60. Peacock is already 1080/60 for standard games at moment
So I was just told by Fubo Canada support that 4k matches will be 2160/60 BUT the remaining games will be 1080/30! I thought they did 720/60 last season? If they did then 1080/30 is a downgrade as I see it.

I also heard (not yet verified) that the 4k matches will only be available live - so you can’t replay/record in that resolution. This would be a bit of a deal breaker for me as I can’t always watch the matches live.

So I was just told by Fubo Canada support that 4k matches will be 2160/60 BUT the remaining games will be 1080/30! I thought they did 720/60 last season? If they did then 1080/30 is a downgrade as I see it.

I also heard (not yet verified) that the 4k matches will only be available live - so you can’t replay/record in that resolution. This would be a bit of a deal breaker for me as I can’t always watch the matches live.
1080/30 that's odd if they are going down that route ...I can't see it why downgrade your existing...hmm maybe check with again with someone else..regards recording 4k I can understand that as you would prob need more than 100gb storage ..HDR on 4k makes a world of diff tho

1080/30 that's odd if they are going down that route ...I can't see it why downgrade your existing...hmm maybe check with again with someone else..
I have emailed them again to clarify whether there is indeed a downgrade in frame rate for the non-4k content. Will keep you posted.

In other news, it looks like I have settled on SkySportNow (SSN) (New Zealand) as my main sports streaming service for next season.

Just did a comparison of video bitrates across Peacock, Optus and SSN while streaming the same content/resolution/frame rate: SSN matched peacock (although SSN has better audio) and was slightly better than Optus.

SSN has all premier league games live and on demand, selected matches from all the other European leagues, formula 1, golf, tennis, cycling, rugby, cricket, etc. It’s not cheap at 399NZD for the year for a single stream, but it replaces at least 2 other services for me, and it seems to be better supported by my DNS service providers too.

I have emailed them again to clarify whether there is indeed a downgrade in frame rate for the non-4k content. Will keep you posted.

In other news, it looks like I have settled on SkySportNow (SSN) (New Zealand) as my main sports streaming service for next season.

Just did a comparison of video bitrates across Peacock, Optus and SSN while streaming the same content/resolution/frame rate: SSN matched peacock (although SSN has better audio) and was slightly better than Optus.

SSN has all premier league games live and on demand, selected matches from all the other European leagues, formula 1, golf, tennis, cycling, rugby, cricket, etc. It’s not cheap at 399NZD for the year for a single stream, but it replaces at least 2 other services for me, and it seems to be better supported by my DNS service providers too.
Be careful and test the app fully prior to buying as I have a login and very few actually work for it, they are same company that does Setanta App...........

Be careful and test the app fully prior to buying as I have a login and very few actually work for it, they are same company that does Setanta App...........
Yeah I used to have that problem with the Setanta app (and UFC Arabia app also by the same company) where it randomly crashed. The app hasn’t crashed a single time yet, and tomorrow is dedicated to more testing before buying the year.

Yeah I used to have that problem with the Setanta app (and UFC Arabia app also by the same company) where it randomly crashed. The app hasn’t crashed a single time yet, and tomorrow is dedicated to more testing before buying the year.
Cool, i got their directs on OTT and they use same streams as Sky GO NZ also, but they are decent quality as you know

Cool, i got their directs on OTT and they use same streams as Sky GO NZ also, but they are decent quality as you know
Yeah I’ve had very good quality on everything I’ve watched so far. The real test will be a live PL game, but everything has been healthy bitrate 1080p/50fps so far, including live golf. The quality is better than Kayo that I had last season, and even slightly better than Optus. Only nitpick is that their ESPN content is only 720p - but I can live with that.

Now that Spark are closing down today it will be interesting to see where the NZ UCL rights end up - if they end up on SSN as well then I would be thrilled and able to drop Stan Sport as well 🤞

Yeah I’ve had very good quality on everything I’ve watched so far. The real test will be a live PL game, but everything has been healthy bitrate 1080p/50fps so far, including live golf. The quality is better than Kayo that I had last season, and even slightly better than Optus. Only nitpick is that their ESPN content is only 720p - but I can live with that.

Now that Spark are closing down today it will be interesting to see where the NZ UCL rights end up - if they end up on SSN as well then I would be thrilled and able to drop Stan Sport as well 🤞
Yeah, would be good if they went to SSN

Out of interest, how did you pay for SNN thanks

So ive now paid for sky sports now new Zealand can anyone suggest a smart DNS provider that works with the service thanks

Back