Euro 2020 Predictions/Chat

I wasn't all that impressed by Italy, fair enough they played on the front foot but Turkey allowed them to.

Dont forget Italy are always slow starters in tournament football, and pick up as they hit the knock out stages, I know their defence is getting on a bit, but what a vast amount of experience they have between them and it probably may be the last big tournament for some of them.

I wasn't all that impressed by Italy, fair enough they played on the front foot but Turkey allowed them to.

We'll have to agree to disagree there mate! Reminded me of Canelo wearing down his opponent, slowly beating them up before they end up on the ropes and succumb to the pressure. First 20 minutes or so were competitive but chasing shadows for 90 minutes is tough.

Fair point though, we won't know how good any of the teams are until they can perform against another top team. We'll get an idea of that tonight with the germans and france. We all know we can never write the german's off!

Not the best performance from Portugal but very efficient.

What more can be said about Ronaldo. Truly an all time great and few goals of having the record for himself if most international goals of all time. Truly once in a life time player and has accomplished so much at club and international level.

Have to say they seem like real dark horses now.

See what they do in their next 2 games and that will tell us where they are, Ronaldo keeps breaking record after record, what a player he has been throughout his career from a teenager right up to this present day.

See what they do in their next 2 games and that will tell us where they are, Ronaldo keeps breaking record after record, what a player he has been throughout his career from a teenager right up to this present day.

Ye two very tough games. But believe Portugal can get something from both games.

He is something else. At club level a phenomenal player and same at international level. A true leader at all levels.

Can anyone tell me a idiots guide to understanding how some teams winning their group will play a 3rd place side?

If England win their Group for Example they will get 2nd Place in Group F. However the winner of Group F will get 3rd Place side in Group A/B/C.

Surely there needs to be some logic behind this?

Hardly fair that some teams finishing top play 2nd place while others finishing top play 3rd place. How is this even worked out prior to the Tournament? I'm clearly missing something here....
Can anyone please answer this? Seriously intrigued how it’s formatted this way…

According to google its formatted so the top seeded teams dont play each other too early in the tournament and get sent packing and making it one way traffic.

In other words aint got a fecking clue :unsure: :X3::LOL:

Haha! If that is the case what a bloody fix lol!

Can anyone please answer this? Seriously intrigued how it’s formatted this way…
Its baffling the way it works out, it was the same in the last Euros, several group winners getting a tricky last 16 encounter with a pretty decent team that finished 2nd in their group.

Yeah all football in euros is formatted so weirdly nowadays its mind boggling.
One thing ive always said tho to make it more interesting i would scrap the offside rule :LOL: then you would see a proper football match

Yeah all football in euros is formatted so weirdly nowadays its mind boggling.
One thing ive always said tho to make it more interesting i would scrap the offside rule :LOL: then you would see a proper football match

I agree. No referees too and the keeper can only save shots with his forehead

Eldest grandson plays sunday under 11's and every last saturday in the month they play another local team with no offside in force etc.
I tell ya what it dont half keep the defence on their toes.

Great win and great performance from Wales.

Had quite a few chances and could have scored more. The big players turned up today.

Almost through to the knock out stages.

Great win and great performance from Wales.

Had quite a few chances and could have scored more. The big players turned up today.

Almost through to the knock out stages.

Very dangerous on the counter. They have a lot of pace around the big man Moore up front. Matty James is fast as you like and even at his age Bale is still lightening. Really not the kind of side you want to go 1-0 down to.

Really good performance from them. I Imagine with the 3rd place nonsense they're as good as through now, so long as they don't get battered against Italy.

Very dangerous on the counter. They have a lot of pace around the big man Moore up front. Matty James is fast as you like and even at his age Bale is still lightening. Really not the kind of side you want to go 1-0 down to.

Really good performance from them. I Imagine with the 3rd place nonsense they're as good as through now, so long as they don't get battered against Italy.

Ye got good amount of pace in the team that will cause any side big problems.

Moore is also an old fashioned striker which is great to see.

If they drew against Italy they are through and a loss wouldn't be a big thing depending on other results.

Looking like two british teams in the knockout stages which is good to see hopefully.

Back