Failed to tune ABM

Had big problems today in Leicester 00012.

Getting ABM tuner fail.

Used Abu Baniaz emergency config to bring thinks back to life

this is the second time someone has said this to me today, they scanned and it seems the freqency and QAM have both changed, from 6887 to 6952 and from 64 to 256 QAM, but I couldn't confirm it because they had to go out before i could get the full details from them

Could someone in 00012 or any recently updated Pure area do the following please?

Remove the cable services. Press Channel Up, Green (reception/satellite), menu, highlight cable services, menu, remove, confirm
Restart
Run ABM again
Attach lamedb file (It is found in /etc/enigma2 on receiver. you will need to zip it so that you can attach to forum.)

I'm in netid 00011 & all channels went dark a few days ago for me (H7C, OATV 6.1, Grog build, ABM 2.9). I've only just got round to trying to sort it out.

I've read all posts on this & similar threads & had partial success - I've got all the channels back working but on the EPG screen, most of the channel names & picons are missing.

I downloaded Abu Baniaz's ABM 3.1 file & Ftp'd it to the tmp folder, then on box, installed it via IPK installer & restarted.
Then I followed the instructions in post on page 4, regarding doing a full manual scan, which brought back all the channels but what I can't seem to find is the correct menu to do a rescan with ABM! I'm probably being thick but I can't find it anywhere & am now starting to doubt whether I've even installed it correctly.

Any ideas please?

That post also says:

Once the scan has completed, check what the details are for "Virgin TV Highlights", "Virgin Movies and store". Most skins will show you the details. Picture attached.

Qam 64 = Modulation 3
Qam 256 = Modulation 5

EDIT:
To avoid ambiguity, please post a screenshot showing the frequency with the following channels: We can get the details from your screenshot. Also say what your NetID is.

DO NOT SHOW YOUR SERVER DETAILS

Virgin TV Highlights
Virgin TV for Newbies
Virgin Movies and Store
Once you confirm the details, the main ABM file will be updated.

You can also run the NitAnlyser from this post
http://www.techkings.org/threads/a-...-abm-not-refreshing.140445/page-3#post-934134

In this post, there is an "emergency" provider file that you can use until ABM provider file is updated.
http://www.techkings.org/threads/new-abm-3-0-3-1.141851/#post-933885

Thanks. I'm struggling to find the screen you had in your bottom picture (I'm using Slyk 1 HD skin) but hopefully the same info is in this pic..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190215-234814_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190215-234814_Gallery.jpg
    576.2 KB · Views: 12
Thanks but I can't find ABM in the menus. This error appears when I go to the 'plugin' section, which maybe or may not be related

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190216-072726_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190216-072726_Gallery.jpg
    689.3 KB · Views: 15
Thanks but I can't find ABM in the menus. This error appears when I go to the 'plugin' section, which maybe or may not be related
Did you install the correct AutoBouquetsMaker ipk? Your box is an arm version so you need to install cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4 for arm receivers.

Ahhh, good shout. I used the Mipsel one as it said Zgemma above it!

I'll try it with the cortexa one when I get home from work. I'm sure that's my issue.

Thanks

Not working for me in 40980, getting the tuner b failed message.
I've used the emergency file and now it seems it's working. Is there anything else I need to consider doing?

Did you install the correct AutoBouquetsMaker ipk? Your box is an arm version so you need to install cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4 for arm receivers.
Sorry, me again, I didn't have any luck with the cortexa IPK.
I downloaded it, unzipped it, Ftp'd to the tmp folder, restarted box, went to IPK installer, ticked box & clicked install. It pops up with the message below, which I guess means it hasn't been installed.

Am I doing something wrong?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190216-205926_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190216-205926_Gallery.jpg
    762.5 KB · Views: 18
Back