Fish and Chips

Yep that's exactly what it is mate
In that case I've never heard of it so is it cooked correctly then? And the thing is not so much how it looks but how it tastes.
Chippy's round my way it's either Cod or Haddock, if you've got a few quid more to spare then maybe Plaice.

In that case I've never heard of it so is it cooked correctly then? And the thing is not so much how it looks but how it tastes.
Chippy's round my way it's either Cod or Haddock, if you've got a few quid more to spare then maybe Plaice.
Dont think its coating as thick as batter, or lightly battered as can see lines on fish where it flakes.

There is a spicy coating applied to to the fish very thin batter and crispy. How it should be imo.

Oh it tastes beautiful and tbh I am so used to this now and have been for years than normal fish. But do have normal fish here and there though.

There is a spicy coating applied to to the fish very thin batter and crispy. How it should be imo.

Oh it tastes beautiful and tbh I am so used to this now and have been for years than normal fish. But do have normal fish here and there though.
I've never seen it on sale anywhere but might give it a go if I ever do as I like a bit of fish once in a while.

Do you ever do your own,and if so what powder or paste do you use

I've never seen it on sale anywhere but might give it a go if I ever do as I like a bit of fish once in a while.

You only see masala fish in Asian shops.

But in all honesty some are horrid. More batter than fish so have to try some to find the best one.

Do you ever do your own,and if so what powder or paste do you use

In all honesty I haven't tried for a few years mate.

So can't remember the spices that I used then sorry mate.

Issue I found when I fried the masala fish at home at that time was either fish slightly came apart or the spices that were on it came away from the fish.

Guy at the chippy when asked him about it said it's all about the fryers used and home fryers won't give the desired results as you see in chippys.

Oh I've encountered more batter than fish from many a chippy and I'm talking english chippys.
I've been served a supposed battered cod when it looked like a fish finger dipped in batter, dreadful.

I think l have 3 or 4 fish dinners left before l get the order call, will let you know what l order and cost, hoping for some plaice and lemon sole.(y)

They always have cod but not for me, octopus is a no no, not tried it but gives me the creeps so l will leave that for you.

They always have cod but not for me, octopus is a no no, not tried it but gives me the creeps so l will leave that for you.
I was on a day off so travelled to coast to get some crabs,got those and fisherman asked if i wanted this octopus as well so said yes, left it in pub,nice surprise for cleaners 😁

Back