Flash ATV via command line from the creators GrogBuild FreeRange - Leading the way to simplicity

edit your post above and remove the server name - it's not permitted on here.

your line is in this format then:

N: server port username password 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

edit your post above and remove the server name - it's not permitted on here.

your line is in this format then:

N: server port username password 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14
So I have tried it twice now and it just goes blue screen encountered an error and restart of system.
should I include cws= as part of the server name as it is mgcamd or jusy put whats after the = sign

no, just what is after the = sign

If you can get a pic of the blue screen and send it to me via pm I'll take a look to see what the issue is

I am going to wait for my supplier to come back to me got a feeling that is an old line but wont know till he answers my emails.

Soooo close and yet so faaaaaar.
My supplier is not answering my emails. Is there another means of entering the line i have to test it. Ie putty dcc. I will need to know where to put it and how to get there pls.

is your box zgemma as you can enter Line details manually via remote! Press green button press dream explorer go down and press usr then press keys! Go down and press new cam list press ok on your line detail cws = ect!! You can use your keys on remote to enter it 1 is space 1 and decimal . Once you have entered it correct press ok then exit it will ask you to over rite press yes. Once that’s done exit to main screen and press red button press soft cam panel. Make sure mgcamd 1.38r1 then press greenrestart. That should start your line unless lines expired or typed line incorrect mate

Hi Grog68

It wont reflash, This is the message I'm getting....

Error: Cannot flash kernel, because no kernel file was found

Any idea's please?

Ever done a software update and found the box won't boot?

Ever turn your box on and found it only boots up so far?

Every tried to flash online to flash online and found that your build is so old you don't have the option to flash the latest version of ATV via the Flash Online system?

Ever wanted to flash your box but have not got another spare USB stick?

Well I've now got a simple solution for you. It will find the latest nightly build of the current stable ATV and then flash your box. All you need is :

your existing USB/HDD mounted on /media/hdd, this should be the case for recordings etc, you do not need any additional usb stick formatted fat32

you need to be able to connect to your box via putty (or any other shell terminal program) or the openwebif terminal.

This tool does NOT backup your settings so make sure you do (if you can) before using.

SSH to your box using a terminal program such as putty, or using the terminal option of openWebIf in your browser and log in using the username root

Now paste all the code below into the terminal window. (right click on the terminal window to paste)

Code:
 wget --no-check-certificate -O installatv.sh https://www.dropbox.com/s/nqbo698rxconave/installatv.sh?dl=1 && bash installatv.sh

after a few seconds you will be asked to enter the box hostname, if you've never changed the hostname of your box then just accept the default by pressing enter key, if you are paranoid and have changed the hostname in the past then you need to enter the original hostname for your box, ie zgemmah52tc and then press the enter key.

Now you are prompted which partition you want flashed, this is for boxes with multiboot, if you don't use multiboot or your box doesn't have multiboot facilities just hit the enter key, if you are using multiboot enter the partition number and then press enter key. (Thanks to @Willo3092 for suggesting and testing Multiboot flashing)

The latest stable nightly build will then be downloaded to /media/hdd and your box flashed.

I am sure this will be copied, made into a plugin of some kind or added to another build but remember you saw it here first :)

Hi Grog68

It wont reflash, This is the message I'm getting....

Error: Cannot flash kernel, because no kernel file was found

Any idea's please?
what box are you trying to flash.

Are there any other errors ?

if you type
Code:
ofgwrite

what version does it show is installed?

what box are you trying to flash.

Are there any other errors ?

if you type
Code:
ofgwrite

what version does it show is installed?
It's a technomate nano2super. I checked the ofgwrite & it was 4.2.1. so I did as you instructed but that same error came back. There are no other errors.

what have you got installed on the box at the moment?

So the opkg install command didn't update the ofgwrite?

4.2.1 had issues

Download the openatv6.2 build from here and flash it to the box via USB, when it gets to HDMI settings, install freerange as per the instructions
http://images2.mynonpublic.com/openatv/current/index.php?open=tmnano2super
I'm assuming he's just installing ATV rather than Grogbuild FreeRange. Mind you at the moment I wouldn't bother with the feed issues atv appear to be experiencing.

Hi. Those are the versions I've tried but it doesn't get the the stage where i can see HDMI settings. This is the problem sorry.
so I assumed you have tried 'flash online' via the blue button on the box?

Oh and I assume you have a usb/hdd plugged in and mounted /media/hdd

I'm assuming he's just installing ATV rather than Grogbuild FreeRange. Mind you at the moment I wouldn't bother with the feed issues atv appear to be experiencing.

so I assumed you have tried 'flash online' via the blue button on the box?

Oh and I assume you have a usb/hdd plugged in and mounted /media/hdd

I have tried the flash online but the version it says is 6.1 which is the 1 i've already got on the box. Yes the box has an internal 500gb drive which is mounted etc

Back