Flash ATV via command line from the creators GrogBuild FreeRange - Leading the way to simplicity

Don't set up timers and recordings until the box is done
Put usb in and initialise
Then openwebif
Click terminal Type root
Enter
Paste in grogbuild command line and click enter again this will flash todays image and add grogbuild freerange
This is what has been written on the usb stick. Looks fine and normal. It's data on the box that's messed up, isn't it? Do I wipe it somehow? Screen Shot 2019-10-11 at 22.57.32.png

By flashing openatv again
It's the usb is a duffer
Use a different one
If that doesn't work get another until you find one that works

What's all those other 27 files and folders?
Also the image is still zipped
This is the ext formatted usb not the fat32 usb. It was the result of using the terminal install. So it failed to unzip? I haven't added any files. Simply formatted, initialised, run the terminal prompt and what you see is the result.

Mac isn't formatting it if you have all that on usb
You can format FAT32 using mac
Only two things can be formatting it, my Mac or the box. This is starting to look unsolvable. I may return the box. The blue screen even happened without the usb so I can't really see how the usb is to blame to be honest.

Re formatted stick on mac Fat32. Put latest Openatv on it. Completely empty. Not recognised in flash process (yes, i held down the rest button too). Not looking good. Literally tried everything now (that I'm aware of). Looks like it's getting returned or sold or trashed. As I said, the blue screen was happening before the usb stick was brought into the equation so it must be a software or hardware issue, surely.

If the usb isn't being recognised this is common, very common - in about 90% of cases of problems with flashing it's the usb not being recognised which is why I said use a different one
Also if you initialise the usb in the box and then use the grog command line - NOT the command line you found on Dropbox, it would have been done a long time ago

Also if you initialise the usb in the box and then use the grog command line - NOT the command line you found on Dropbox, it would have been done a long time ago
Don't quite understand this part. Which command line should I be using? Tried four USBs now. It may be time to accept I don't have the mental tools for this. Or I do and the box is faulty. Probably the former.

Sweet jesus....after 3 days I've got it to boot from my USB at last (it may be partly by accident). I now have the newest version of openatv installed! At last! However...now I get this when I try to install W Infinity ....

zgemmah9s login: root
root@zgemmah9s:~# zgemmah9s login: root
Last login: Sat Oct 12 01:12:00 IST 2019 from ::1 on pts/0
root@zgemmah9s:~# opkg install http://wbuildx.co.uk/setup.ipk
Collected errors:
* opkg_lock: Could not lock /run/opkg.lock: Resource temporarily unavailable.
root@zgemmah9s:~#

This is because the resource is temporarily unavailable.
It says it right there
Flash grogbuild freerange as instructed
And the like button is not temporarily unavailable feel free to acknowledge people's help

This is because the resource is temporarily unavailable.
It says it right there
Flash grogbuild freerange as instructed
And the like button is not temporarily unavailable feel free to acknowledge people's help
Oh, I will and do acknowledge it. If this gets sorted I will be sending bitcoins! If there is a way to do that. I can tell you are getting frustrated by me, and I don't blame you but I will help others out one day when I've set up loads of boxes. Right now I have used the freerange and everything seems okay. I will give the infinity a shot later. Thanks. Oddly, the only way I could get my usb to work was to add the flash files when a failed remote install had already made the folders I needed. 'Oddly' to me, to you that may make sense...or sound like nonsense. I'm trying. Very.

Hello grog, i dont use this forum regularly, the only time i ever installed anything on my box was back in june 2018 when i installed your free range build to correct the old audio issues. Hope im even in the correct place to speak to you.... Never had to do anything after managing to install this build on my zgemma star h2 cable box . Been perfect. I never regularly use the iptv extension to watch movies, but the odd time always find movieland or yufi usually work. Only this week i tried to look for a film and this section all seems outta date and not working. Is there anything i can do to get the iptv section for movies working? Or do i need to download something new. Not great at this sort of thing so hope you can assist. Thank you.

Hello grog, i dont use this forum regularly, the only time i ever installed anything on my box was back in june 2018 when i installed your free range build to correct the old audio issues. Hope im even in the correct place to speak to you.... Never had to do anything after managing to install this build on my zgemma star h2 cable box . Been perfect. I never regularly use the iptv extension to watch movies, but the odd time always find movieland or yufi usually work. Only this week i tried to look for a film and this section all seems outta date and not working. Is there anything i can do to get the iptv section for movies working? Or do i need to download something new. Not great at this sort of thing so hope you can assist. Thank you.

your solution might be here:

E2iStream [new name for E2iPlayer!!?] Download now. Updated regularly by new developer :)

Hi @jimbo350 , basically the E2IPTVPlayer plugin is no longer supported/developed and has been replaced by the E2IStream plugin, follow the thread @Prim@l posted above and you should get sorted.

Back