Flashing to Mutant HD51

Qvic

just recieved my mutant HD51 , had openvix on it from WOS but wanted to flash an image to it that had oscam pre installed

formatted usb stick , extracted said image , copied the folder HD51 to usb drive , inserted into box , rebooted whilst holding the button, flashing appeared , after a few mins on display i get hd51 STB 4K on display , but doesnt seem to have rebooted , how long before it reboots? ive given it 10 mins or so

regards

Qvic

can i ask , tried it again this time watching the front display the whole time , it says 'flashing' for around 3-4 mins , then breifly says 'completed' followed by 'reboot' then hd51 stb 4k and just sits on that ?

openvix will not have a pre-configured oscam installed in it m8, the files will be there, but knowing how WOS works, then it wont be configured..???

openvix will not have a pre-configured oscam installed in it m8, the files will be there, but knowing how WOS works, then it wont be configured..???

i understand this , but a fellow user provided me with a backup image with oscam apparently on it, but cant flash it to the box
i also downloaded openvix 5.0.011 from the vix site and that wont flash either
i just need to be able to flash an image to the box and i'll install oscam myself

Picked this up m8..........You can't install images via the image manager using ViX on the HD51, so forget that method! You need to use the USB stick method. Press the button on the HD51 and hold it in when you have the stick inserted.

I use the front USB port and a very old HP-branded 4GB USB stick for all my flashing - on HD51, on Miraclebox Twin and on GB Quad Plus. Works every time. I have several other USB sticks, some which will work on the Quad, but not on the Miraclebox etc. So it's a bit of a lottery what will work. I also have a SanDisk 4GB stick which will work in all my boxes. The trick is to find a particular stick which will work for you and keep using it. Usually SanDisk or Transcend sticks with capacities of 8GB or below should work. The HP USB Storage Format Tool may be of help to re-format a particular stick to enable it to work.

yeah i wsnt doing it via the image manager bud , i was doing from USB, do u think there is an issue with my usb ?

FYI , i did use the hp format tool to format it to fat32 , if it was the usb would i even get the flashing message etc

If your box is still stuck on boot try this
Unplug power from back of box
Plug back in while holding front power button for 5 seconds then let go
It should then boot up
Mine does this every time I update

If your box is still stuck on boot try this
Unplug power from back of box
Plug back in while holding front power button for 5 seconds then let go
It should then boot up
Mine does this every time I update

hi bud, no joy with the power up 5 sec button press thing, im lost as to what it could be , faulty box?

tried , no joy, im leaning towards this USB, ive seen them be flaky in the past , ill need to source an old low Gb one to try ( gawd knows where i'll get one of them ) , preferably a good brand name sandisk or similar, got to be this , it's a friggin new box ;)
It should work if it flashed with that USB earlier
You using back USB slot ?
Power off insert USB
Plug power in while holding power button
Just keep trying

I have tried 2 usb sticks both formated to fat 32 i had open vix on it before

And is your plan to then overwrite 6.4 with grogbuild or stay the same? I reflashed my mothers miraclebox from openvix to grogbuild without issue just using putty. You then have openatv based build

Back