Fully loaded box (dead?)

snicketman

Hi, my friend bought a fully loaded zgemma h2s about 6 months ago. His subscription ran out at the weekend. He had no idea how to re set it up so he asked me. I think it was running an old version of open atv. I said id reflash it for him first with the latest wooshbuild v6. I did that using basebuild. I got to initialising the storage usb, then as it was going through the tv region set up i kept getting the message `cant install, HDD is full, 300mb`. I cant get into the box via the pc/filezilla etc. Could there be a block on accessing it? Tried reflashing several times. I cant even revert to what he had before. Any ideas what to do to factory reset or get into the box another way?
Cheers.

I presume you're flashing via USB. Is the stick definitely formatted correctly, so that it will be recognised by the box?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Reboot box to see if you get a different ip address to connect to box via filezilla

I remember having a problem like this before with a kingston usb stick!
I downloaded a formatting tool for windows then did a full format on the stick with my laptop then box recognised my usb stick!

The USB is ok. It flashes and boots fine. It's just when I get to the same part of the install it says it can't continue as the box had only 300 mb spare. Could the guy who pre installed the iptv put some kind of block on the box so that you can't update? Also whilst using FileZilla I don't know the ip of the box to get into it. I can't access the menu/settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Box is fine. It's a common error. Have a read here.

http://satellite-king.yolasite.com/Troublshooting.php

Here is the relevant bit:
Occasionally OpenATV will identify and “mount” your USB device incorrectly. This can cause the error message about “not enough space, you need 300mb”. To check that your USB has been mounted correctly, please try the following solution:

The box has decided to refer to your USB device as something other than media/HDD

Go into mount manager and change the type to HDD: Red button -> Plugins -> Mount Manager

Box is fine. It's a common error. Have a read here.

http://satellite-king.yolasite.com/Troublshooting.php

Here is the relevant bit:
Occasionally OpenATV will identify and “mount” your USB device incorrectly. This can cause the error message about “not enough space, you need 300mb”. To check that your USB has been mounted correctly, please try the following solution:

The box has decided to refer to your USB device as something other than media/HDD

Go into mount manager and change the type to HDD: Red button -> Plugins -> Mount Manager

Thanks for that Asmad. I'll give it a try this weekend.

Thanks for that Asmad. I'll give it a try this weekend.

All up n running. Tho when I pressed red nothing happened. Probs cos the build wasn't installed. Tried numerous times with different USB sticks till it passed the 300mb bit. Ended up with wooshbuild v5. At least it's all working with a years iptv sub.

Back