GigaBlue Dcolor GD1 Giga TV Mediaplayer Stick 4K PRO Review

Well my dcolor GD1 arrived today earlier than expected was thinking about giving it a try out tommorrow, but think I will hold back rather that powering off tv I will wait untill charger and longer usb cable arrives.
How are you finding it? 🤔

All jumping on the bandwagon now.
Yes and how are you getting on with yours ,i'm just wondering if it can be rooted to change youtube button to smart tube at the moment just disabled youtube as I do not have youtube premium account not that I want to download i can do that via real debrid but adverts are annoying.

Yes and how are you getting on with yours ,i'm just wondering if it can be rooted to change youtube button to smart tube at the moment just disabled youtube as I do not have youtube premium account not that I want to download i can do that via real debrid but adverts are annoying.
I had it back for 2 days then the father in law borrowed it 🤣 Ordered some more should be with me next week hopefully.

i Sold my fs 4k max gen 2 yesterday and decided to use the dcolor gd1 as my daily driver on main tv’ so far so good not had any issues with mine seems to be stable using ott navigator with provider I’ve not seen any device ota updates yet mind 🤔

Just to play devil's advocate, what is the OS like on them? Has anyone done a deep dive into making sure it isn't "phoning home" or has dubious software installed.

That's what's made me weary of buying stuff off Amazon/AliExpress in the past and stuck with the name-brand options.

Just to play devil's advocate, what is the OS like on them? Has anyone done a deep dive into making sure it isn't "phoning home" or has dubious software installed.

That's what's made me weary of buying stuff off Amazon/AliExpress in the past and stuck with the name-brand options.
I haven’t use a certified device in years and never had any accounts, logins or anything on my network compromised.
All I would add is do a bit of research on the device you are buying and make sure it fits your requirements in specs.
You get what you pay for.

The only thing is if ypu get a faulty one it won't be worth posting back.
It’s free returns within 90 days

Going by the video, anything with android tv is a legitimate device. However, I have seen elsewhere that the dune homatics does capture some of your data - no idea if it’s true.

It’s free returns within 90 days

Going by the video, anything with android tv is a legitimate device. However, I have seen elsewhere that the dune homatics does capture some of your data - no idea if it’s true.
True. It will know you are using tivimate for e.g. but apps from suppliers are unknown

It’s official certified android 11 OS as far as I’m aware’ the video above seems to only affect allwinner android boxes H6/H616

Back