GigaBlue Dcolor GD1 Giga TV Mediaplayer Stick 4K PRO Review

Never really used my GD1 much since it came’ tested it once seemed fine then it went in the cupboard’ still using my 4K max gen 2 for the time being see how things play out if jeff decides to bring in more pointless updates.

Mines been okay. But seems to still hang on menus and slow loading sometimes. it's not always. But it's annoying me a little. Deleted my Vpn and only got one app on there and it's still hangs a bit.

It seems to be when it's been a sleep for a while and first use after this.

It doesnt seem to like launchers either. I've tried 4 different ones. First installed there okay. Once it's been off for a while it's hard to get going again

They hang it badly almost having to reset it with a pin job

I'm just gonna stop messing and see how it does with one app on it for now

Last edited:
I’m

When I was viewing FHD channels the RAM only went up couple hundred megabytes.
It’s when I was viewing UHD channels the RAM went up about 500mb.
See how it performs viewing UHD channels as that will probably test it the best.
Good to see FHD 50fps sports wonder if it would make much difference

Mines been okay. But seems to still hang on menus and slow loading sometimes. it's not always. But it's annoying me a little. Deleted my Vpn and only got one app on there and it's still hangs a bit.

It seems to be when it's been a sleep for a while and first use after this.

It doesnt seem to like launchers either. I've tried 4 different ones. First installed there okay. Once it's been off for a while it's hard to get going again

They hang it badly almost having to reset it with a pin job

I'm just gonna stop messing and see how it does with one app on it for now
I did notice when scrolling quickly through the EPG and menu’s that the CPU was spiking up into the 60-70% mark, making it work harder.
For £33 maybe you have to live with a little lag or you could return it and maybe spend more and buy something like a Google Chromecast 4k or just stick with the Firestick.
I forgot to mention I always have my device connected by Ethernet and never use WiFi.

Well my dcolor GD1 arrived today earlier than expected was thinking about giving it a try out tommorrow, but think I will hold back rather that powering off tv I will wait untill charger and longer usb cable arrives.

Well my dcolor GD1 arrived today earlier than expected was thinking about giving it a try out tommorrow, but think I will hold back rather that powering off tv I will wait untill charger and longer usb cable arrives.
Yes I was shocked at delivery times. Seemed quick

Back