Gotta Love Motorised

Is that on tanberg? I hear people on the technomate mate site talking about it and new receivers that can open the channels with keys. I have not really tried playing about with keys for ages. Do you open these with keys and on a enigma 2 box? I have a solo 4k and not really messed with keys as its an arm based system. I've got loads of hd sports channels but very few with english coms.

T*ndberg, yes... the only thing that lets it down sometimes is weather unless of course you have a huge dish - i've already pushed the limits with a 1.1m on the front of my house... I don't have mine connected to an E2 box though.

What sat is it 7 or 9e i have a 1.25m dish doing nothing at the moment. I need a new challenge.

It's both 7e and 10e... on a saturday, the midday kickoff will be on 7e, followed by a 3pm game followed by the later game and all the other 3pm games are on 10e.

Where about's are you located?

Drop me a private message if you want info on where to obtain feed / key info.

These are service feeds - simply google PL service feeds on 7e / 10e ... you will need a 1m+ dish though to receive these (maybe bigger the further north/west you are).

These channels use softcam keys (T*ndberg) to be specific. It's not a simple task initially - it's a bit of a learning curve and took me a while to figure it all out.

Do you have or can point me to a setup guide and kit recommendations?

Have you checked your line of sight to multi satellites? ... what area are you? ... what do you hope to get? ... do you already have any equipment (cables / receivers etc.)

you guys are making me want a motorised dish now,
my house is almost dead south, with a clear line of sight from 28e to probably about 5w
how big a dish would I need for North Manchester?

Reactions: ste
T*ndberg, yes... the only thing that lets it down sometimes is weather unless of course you have a huge dish - i've already pushed the limits with a 1.1m on the front of my house... I don't have mine connected to an E2 box though.
What box do you use?

Have you checked your line of sight to multi satellites? ... what area are you? ... what do you hope to get? ... do you already have any equipment (cables / receivers etc.)

What do you mean line of site to satellites? 10m South of Birmingham. Would hope to get football in HD or 4K. Already have a sat dish (Slk)

What do you mean line of site to satellites? 10m South of Birmingham. Would hope to get football in HD or 4K. Already have a sat dish (Slk)
you need to actually be able to see the satellites,
ie : nothing blocking an actual line of sight , if your eyes were that good, lol
there is a good app for android phones
Satellite AR

Well, the way your S*y dish is pointed currently is at 28.2 degrees - this is for S*y UK only so the dish needs to be pointing in different directions to get other satellites at other degrees so sometimes, certain satellites aren't possible due to a house / wall / tree(s) etc. being in the way. The dishpointer.com website that Dave posted the link to is a good start. Is your dish currently on the front of your house?

you guys are making me want a motorised dish now,
my house is almost dead south, with a clear line of sight from 28e to probably about 5w
how big a dish would I need for North Manchester?

All depends what you want from it - some satellite beams are weaker than others so I'd always say the bigger the better :grin:

If you have an idea of what channels you'd like to receive, you can check satbeams.com to see what size roughly you'd need to get those beams / channels on those beams.

If you're interested in the PL service feeds, a 1.4m dish is recommended really in the NW - i'm in the NW too and use a 1.1m which is ok in good weather but the rain / heavy clouds can sometimes cause interference.

Last edited by a moderator:
All depends what you want from it - some satellite beams are weaker than others so I'd always say the bigger the better :grin:

If you have an idea of what channels you'd like to receive, you can check satbeams.com to see what size roughly you'd need to get those beams / channels on those beams.

If you're interested in the PL service feeds, a 1.4m dish is recommended really in the NW - i'm in the NW too and use a 1.1m which is ok in good weather but the rain / heavy clouds can sometimes cause interference.

sounds like my wife, lol

I can get a 1m dish fairly cheap, but if its no use then its just wasted money,
may as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb,
she can only have a go at me once [hopefully] no matter how big it is, :) I can always say its for here dad so he can watch the EPL when he comes round,,,,, :(y):
so may as well go big the first time,
as they say in bike racing, go big or go home, :grin:
if I'm doing this, and I dont really know yet, its going to be a one time shot, so will see whats out there at 1.4m

Just remember anything over 1m really is no go with the council, I have a 1.25m and hide it low down at ground level and I only use it now and then. Mind you I have one meter motorised up and a small sky dish.

The 1.1m at the front of my house is a massive son of a bitch so I can imagine a 1.4m looking like a UFO on your wall :grin:

Here, get this > http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gibertini...930567?hash=item361e8f2107:g:9pgAAMXQVT9SxpMv

I've just been to do a quick measurement, cut a 1m circle out of some cardboard
she seriously would have my balls in a little bag in her pocket,
there is NO way on this earth she would even let me near the house with a 1m dish, :(
thats that out the window,
but, I deffo think I'm going to have to up to an 80cm for my multi LNB , it drops in bad weather.

At least now we know who wears the trousers in your house :grin:

You can still get a lot on a motorised zone 2 raven dish - Duncan at PS has fitted loads.

At least now we know who wears the trousers in your house :grin:

You can still get a lot on a motorised zone 2 raven dish - Duncan at PS has fitted loads.

I'm the boss,
I've just asked her if I can say that, so its ok.
would an 80 be much benefit over a zone2.?

Reactions: ste
Back