GrogBuild Grogbuild 6.4 update?

boardtc

I have Grogbuild 6.4, build# 20220302 on my Formuler F1, last updated via putty.

A lot of channels have not worked for months and I only found out that the transponders have changed. The UDPs down in the drop down are out of date now. I updated the TP manually for BBC1 London - 10818 V 23000 3/4 DVB-S2 8PSK - and it updates fine but there is an intimidating amount of manual updates to do with lots of new TPs to manually enter e.g. another for the BBC Red button, all the buoquets with entries to delete and move new scans to, etc.

Is there a latest Grogbuild I can move to that has updated things?

All advice much appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I have Grogbuild 6.4, build# 20220302 on my Formuler F1, last updated via putty.

A lot of channels have not worked for months and I only found out that the transponders have changed. The UDPs down in the drop down are out of date now. I updated the TP manually for BBC1 London - 10818 V 23000 3/4 DVB-S2 8PSK - and it updates don't but there will an intimidating amount of manual updates to do with lots of new TPs to manually enter e.g. another for the BBC Red button. All the buoquets with entries to delete and move new scans to, etc.

Is there a latest Grogbuild I can move to that has updated things?

All advice much appreciated.

Thanks.
Grogbuild is no longer updated you would be better off installing willobuild on there which is python 3 and has all the latest updates and fully supported.

Grogbuild is no longer updated you would be better off installing willobuild on there which is python 3 and has all the latest updates and fully supported.
Thanks for letting me know. It sounds like Willobuild is an equivalent custom build. A Google didn't find me installation instructions. What's the best thing to do?

Thanks for the link. Looking there is gives 3 steps:
1) FLASH USING PUTTY
2) RESTORE SETTINGS DURING WIZARD
3) RESTORE LINE AND TIMERS

2 and 3 suggest to me it's not a fresh install but an upgrade? Do these steps apply to someone like me overriding a separate custom build image?

1) FLASH USING PUTTY

2 and 3 suggest to me it's not a fresh install but an upgrade? Do these steps apply to someone like me overriding a separate custom build image?
It is a new fresh install, not an upgrade.
You are saving your settings and timers then adding them back after install.
If you have no lines or timers to restore, nothing will be backed up or restored.

1) FLASH USING PUTTY

I think you will find the willowbuild setup works similar to the Grogbuild setup, in that it creates a settings backup file that contains the willobuild settings, it then flashes vix on the box and you restore the settings backup to get the willowbuild setup.

Appreciate the advice. I gave it a go and twice it has stopped at the same stage with Putty closing for no reason:
putty.jpg
On the Formuler box there is an option to restore the WilloBuild. Any advice is appreciated.

I have a usb key permanently inserted. After both fails there is a system installed and showing channels, not fitting the screen correctly, etc, no bouquets but it's there. I'd just like to be able to run the full install without it crashing,

I have a usb key permanently inserted. After both fails there is a system installed and showing channels, not fitting the screen correctly, etc, no bouquets but it's there. I'd just like to be able to run the full install without it crashing,
USB maybe corrupted what make is it

mymemory,com usb 3.0 used for a couple of years exclusively for this box. How can I check it? My other machines are windows.
Just initialise it before you begin, this will format it completely, not sure where it is in the Vix menus but in atv it's; menu, setup, system, storage devices, initialisation

Thanks. I retried but it gave:
Archive: latestvix.zip
inflating: formuler1/imageversion
inflating: formuler1/kernel.bin
inflating: formuler1/noforce
inflating: formuler1/rootfs.bin
unzip: write: No space left on device
unzip: inflate error
root@formuler1:~# Archive: latestvix.zip
-bash: Archive:: command not found
root@formuler1:~# inflating: formuler1/imageversion
-bash: inflating:: command not found
root@formuler1:~# inflating: formuler1/kernel.bin
root@formuler1:~# inflating: formuler1/noforce
root@formuler1:~# inflating: formuler1/rootfs.bin
root@formuler1:~# unzip: write: No space left on device
-bash: unzip:: command not found
root@formuler1:~# unzip: inflate error
-bash: unzip:: command not found

No space left on device means it can't see the usb device, use a different one, whichever one you use, you need to initialise it first

No space left on device means it can't see the usb device, use a different one, whichever one you use, you need to initialise it first
I initialized my one, just like you told me and it worked 100%. Do I need to do anything to it after it initializes?

Back