H5.2tc stuck on boot and cant re-flash

jayrun51

Help needed please,

ran a star2s on sly for a couple of years, just bitten the bullet and got a vermin line in the house. Purchased a brand new shiny H5.2tc which came with open atv pre loaded. Ipab is the software I'm familiar with so I set about trying to flash it. 5 USB's and a few hours later no joy. I found a thread on here explaining how to flash via the box on ATV using flash on the fly, Success!

Box flashed I set about doing all the updates etc, I now know I probably should have left these!, the updated fine and rebooted fine. Initialised my hard drive and created swap file went to restart at this stage and the box has been stuck on boot ever since.

I've read a few threads where people have had this problem and solved it by re-flashing the box. As I've already explained I had a lot of trouble flashing the box in the first place and the USB that allowed me to do it through flash on the fly is having no effect. Not ashamed to admit this has reached the level of my capabilities and I really need some help please.

Thanks in advance

jayrun51

turn the box off at the back and then back on again to see if it boots up.

If it doesn't, turn off again, and remove the usb/hard drive and turn the box on again and see if it boots up this time

No joy.

Grog I'd tried those already but it was your reply on a thread i read that lead me to flashing via flas on the fly so thank you for that. Willo followed the instructions on the formatting tool to the letter nothing unfortunately.

Is there anyway I can flash using Filezilla whilst the box is stuck in boot mode?

Are you extracting the zip file and copying the zgemma folder to the usb?
Have you tried both usb ports?

No I've been unzipping straight from winzip on to the USB because that's whats always worked for me before...

And yes tried both ports

Nope it doesn't want to play :(

Cheers for the advice guys. Im just going to have to buy more USB's and keep trying

A new usb stick will usually work because it has a clean partition.
I have found that if you delete any existing partitions and create a new primary partition formatted to fat32 it will flash a zgemma.

Hi totally new to this I've got a zgemma star2s with ipad tv on it i had a iptv provider. A friend reflashed it he said he knew what he was doing. I've got the box back and it's got openvix on it? it's only got freeview on and all the channels are mixed up. can anybody please help to get my box the way it was

Back