H5 missing softcam and collection error on script when installing Wooshbuild Infinity

There seems to be no consistency of issues reported, so it's hard to work out what's happening and how to fix.

It seems to be broken for 4k boxes though.

@grog68 are you trying
Code:
http://nonpublic.space/oea/6.2/armv7ahf/Packages.gz

Edit that seems to be showing not found.
Yes that was what I tried, both 6.2 and 6 returned not found. Basically this is making ATV useless and people will be looking at alternatives

I think Vix is in the same boat, don't they use the same feeds?
Vix has them installed in the vix image, ie my setup script installs the softcams if ATV but doesn't if using VIX as they are already part of the vix image.

If I had the ipk's for the softcams for arm and non arm box I would look at putting them on my own feed which would solve the issue for gb users at least but I don't have all the IPK's

Vix has them installed in the vix image, ie my setup script installs the softcams if ATV but doesn't if using VIX as they are already part of the vix image.

So now we have to go back to individual images for different boxes?
i'm running freerange on H2h with all working softcams so i could upload my image for others to use, anyone with a working H7c image could upload theirs etc, this is looking like the way it's going to be.
Why are openatv being arsey? - I think it's pretty obvious now that they are going out of their way to stop people using their images

a temp fix until ATV finish tinkering may be for people to d/l grogbuild as normal then restore a gb backupsetting .tar.gz (without any code/gift/line), this way the user should have cams & only need to change tuner settings to their area, then add their sub to have things as they should be.

Question @grog:
will a settingsbackup work across models?, in theory, I think it does IF the same manufacturer so may just be a case of one mips & one arm settingsbackup per manufacturer, far easier than making a fresh image for each model.

(I'm not 100% on this but think I recall doing this cross platform from a Zgemma H2S to Edision Mini ages ago & it worked but you cannot have any incompatible plugins - vdfclock/vdfcontroler on the settingsbackup or the box blue screens).

Last edited:
Yes they work across all openATV boxes.

Grog and myself are trying to come up with a fix but at the moment it isn't making much sense as to why the cams won't work.

openATV have buggered about with the softcam panel and as @dsayers says, it starts the cam for you. I don't know if they have broken something but currently I cannot get CCcam or mgcamd to work for me on a mips box.

ok on grogbuild Freerange I have updated the softcam to use cams on my feeds and I know @wooshman is working on doing the same.

I have tested on a h52tc, cccam and mgcamd worked, oscam didn't for some reason, I am looking into that.

It should be fine for both mipsel and arm boxes.

Newly flashed boxes should now work, if oscam doesn't work then use one of other cams

If you don't want to reflash your box please try (trial and error here) connecting to your box via putty or the terminal in openwebif and entering the following commands

Code:
opkg remove softcam-feed-universal

rm /etc/opkg/secret-feed.conf

opkg update

opkg install softcam-feed-universal

opkg update

exit

You should now be able to download the cams via the downloadable plugins list

I have been sent the official cam feed link which I have updated into the Infinity setup. I sent the same file to Grog and dsayers. I have tested my end and it works as before and as expected.

I have no idea what openATV are doing or whoever is responsible for keeping things working, but it all came good in the end.

I have been sent the official cam feed link which I have updated into the Infinity setup. I sent the same file to Grog and dsayers. I have tested my end and it works as before and as expected.

I have no idea what openATV are doing or whoever is responsible for keeping things working, but it all came good in the end.
Hi Wooshman and all tech kings team thank you very much for hard work to sorted out cams. I have h7c with infinity. if I will flash my box, Oscam will work. Thanks

Attached is the softcam feeds @wooshman updated with new feeds url. New images can just install via ipk installer

Download zip file unzip and send to tmp

Either install it from the box GUI or VIA SSH using one of the below options

OpenATV this will be Press Blue Button -> Plugins -> Choose IPK Installer -> (3) Memory /tmp -> (1) Install Extensions -> select the IPK (OK) and press green

- SSH/Telnet to the box and run opkg install /tmp/softcam-feed-universal_2.0_all.ipk

- note if you have openwebif Terminal plugin installed you can use that to run opkg install command also.

If you already have softcam feeds installed use the following in terminal on openwebif. Ipk still needs to go to tmp

Copy and paste 1 command at a time and press enter.

Code:

opkg update

opkg install /tmp/softcam-feed-universal_2-0_all.ipk

opkg update

exit

@Willo3092 can you add to your toolkit?

Attachments

• softcam-feed-universal_2.0_all.ipk.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Hi all I tried the open web if
Attached is the softcam feeds @wooshman updated with new feeds url. New images can just install via ipk installer

Download zip file unzip and send to tmp

Either install it from the box GUI or VIA SSH using one of the below options

OpenATV this will be Press Blue Button -> Plugins -> Choose IPK Installer -> (3) Memory /tmp -> (1) Install Extensions -> select the IPK (OK) and press green

- SSH/Telnet to the box and run opkg install /tmp/softcam-feed-universal_2.0_all.ipk

- note if you have openwebif Terminal plugin installed you can use that to run opkg install command also.

If you already have softcam feeds installed use the following in terminal on openwebif. Ipk still needs to go to tmp

Copy and paste 1 command at a time and press enter.

Code:

opkg update

opkg install /tmp/softcam-feed-universal

opkg update

exit

@Willo3092 can you add to your toolkit?

I tried openwebif on h7C arm 4k box and it works

Tried all the above on zgemma H5 2TC and still can't get the softcam menu up
Has a VM CCam line and can't load up to get line to work

Hi Woosh I just updated and was pulling my hair out cause I couldn't find softcom, but I mucked about and found an update, but still couldn't find it, then was able to go into plugin downloads & was able to download the one for me & now its all back working! cheers for all your hard work, keep it up bud..

Back