Had to Laugh

mike123

VIP Member
TK Supporter
Mate of mine just got knicked for having no tv licence. when they knocked the door he said he only watch catch up and showed them to his firestick. The idiot had IPTV on there which they picked up on. So not only a fine for no tv licence they have also written in the report he is reciveing illegal streams from sly.

Mate of mine just got knicked for having no tv licence. when they knocked the door he said he only watch catch up and showed them to his firestick. The idiot had IPTV on there which they picked up on. So not only a fine for no tv licence they have also written in the report he is reciveing illegal streams from sly.
What a plonker ffs is funny as fekk I wouldn’t have answered door

I think they had a warrant to be honest mate because he said the old bill were there as well.
Poor bloke, capita are hideous at the best of times. So his details & that of his provider will be on the stick.

I don't think they have any powers to enter a house. (Capita) . Close the door on them

But maybe with a police officer they had a warrant ,like you say.? Had they visited before..

Still very stupid of him to give them his firestick and proof he is illegally streaming.

Should have given his bank details to them also lol.

Is the TV licence over the water only for live TV? Would it have made a difference if he only watched catch-up?
Over here they are changing it to be a catch all for streaming, RTE, Radio, Computer watching, and a whole heap of other sh1t.

Do I need a TV Licence if I only ever watch on demand services (like catch up TV), DVDs or downloaded programmes?
You don’t need a licence if you only ever watch on demand or catch up programmes on services other than BBC iPlayer (and you also never watch live TV programmes on any channel, including on BBC iPlayer).

You also don’t need a licence to watch DVDs, Blu-rays or videos.

You need a TV Licence to download or watch BBC programmes on BBC iPlayer – live, catch up or on demand. This applies to any device and provider you use.
Live TV and how you watch it - TV Licensing ™

Sometimes they bring the police to "keep the peace". Highly doubt they went to a judge and got a warrant because he was watching emmerdale lol

Sometimes they bring the police to "keep the peace". Highly doubt they went to a judge and got a warrant because he was watching emmerdale lol
I have been speaking a bit more to him they had a warrant to enter the premises. As they visited before and had written several letters.

He said he just panicked and forgot about the IPTV.

I have been speaking a bit more to him they had a warrant to enter the premises. As they visited before and had written several letters.

He said he just panicked and forgot about the IPTV.
Ah that's different he must've let them in before too, or his TV sits right in front of the window lol

I bet they got in everybody knows if they have a warrant off a magistrate, they have a right to entry. All i do know when Boris took over, he was looking at making TV licencing a Civil matter. Which would be enforced by High Court Bailiffs who have the power of entry. Not sure if it has been changed. Once they get in all they must find a TV which can receive live FTA channels. like using TV aerial, sly dish, Virgin Box. The guy in the video is spouting shite. An Act is part of statue law and not having a TV licence at the time of that vid was a criminal act. I think he got lucky with a newly promoted sergeant.

Last edited:
Ive got long and very sharp knives in my kitchen drawer but it dont mean i'm going to stab someone with them.

Corruption at its finest :unsure:

With my mate he has no excuse really he earns plenty of money.

I suppose if they see a TV areiial connected to a TV it is safe to assume you are watching it.

As much as I agree, with all comments here, we own a tv license.
Souly because of the Mrs job.

Back