Had to Laugh

If your not watching live tv or useing i player and they come out to check,Why would you not just show them to save all the hassle.You dont need one if your not watching live tv or useing iplayer.I can see them getting phased out because the younger generation use on demand services
Correct if your not watching live tv no tv license is needed my sister has n law dosnt have a license all she uses tv for is Netflix dvds YouTube and playing on Xbox.
She actually phoned them and asked did she need one and they said exact same as you

Correct if your not watching live tv no tv license is needed my sister has n law dosnt have a license all she uses tv for is Netflix dvds YouTube and playing on Xbox.
She actually phoned them and asked did she need one and they said exact same as you
I'm not 100 % sure but you need a licence to access BBC i player! Because after so many uses you get a message where you have to agree that you have a TV licence!

I'm not 100 % sure but you need a licence to access BBC i player! Because after so many uses you get a message where you have to agree that you have a TV licence!

Think your right there as have got that message numerous times on iPlayer.

Just not on demand but live TV can be viewed on it too.

Haven't paid for a TV licence for 8 years and never will again. You aren't obliged to answer any of their questions. Just tell them you don't need one and to get off your property then close the door.

Haven't paid for a TV licence for 8 years and never will again. You aren't obliged to answer any of their questions. Just tell them you don't need one and to get off your property then close the door.
I'm sure you are right but prosecution comes in the post! Usually after a visit if the answers are not correct, speaking from experience for multi users building!

I'm sure you are right but prosecution comes in the post! Usually after a visit if the answers are not correct, speaking from experience for multi users building!
That's why I said you're not obligated to answer them. They're hoping you land yourself in the 💩. If they get no reply they have no grounds to prosecute. Don't talk to them.

It's obviously harder for people in flats where they share a front door etc as they can catch you by surprise and listen to what you're watching through your door but I don't have that issue and won't fund that organisation. It's not through saving a few quid I just don't like the BBC. It's never on in my house and I don't have to explain myself to some goon that has zero powers. I have CCTV all round my house and at my front door which they don't like because they can't make things up to get a prosecution. Again obviously harder for those who don't but I'd advise you record it. They soon go away when they know they're on camera.

The whole corporation is corrupt and the so called goons training induction was an eye opener.
The lengths they will go to to scare people on the doorstep including vunerable oap's etc is totally out of order just to get a bit of commision.
I just keep binning the threat letters that i get every month.
Never will they get another penny out of me i would sooner support man united before i buy a tv licence :LOL: 💪:X3: And that aint never gonna happen whilst i got a breath in my body

That's why I said you're not obligated to answer them. They're hoping you land yourself in the 💩. If they get no reply they have no grounds to prosecute. Don't talk to them.

It's obviously harder for people in flats where they share a front door etc as they can catch you by surprise and listen to what you're watching through your door but I don't have that issue and won't fund that organisation. It's not through saving a few quid I just don't like the BBC. It's never on in my house and I don't have to explain myself to some goon that has zero powers. I have CCTV all round my house and at my front door which they don't like because they can't make things up to get a prosecution. Again obviously harder for those who don't but I'd advise you record it. They soon go away when they know they're on camera.
Still will pay for licence! Too much to lose, it's not a moral thing as have been using Iptv since it began,.
Wasn't flat's it was a care home we owned, and operative didn't get past doorway! I know that lots of members wont pay inc @rs500nutter but whether they are corrupt or not. I wouldn't risk it!
Too much to lose! and wouldn't recommend not to pay! That's only imo though!

Still will pay for licence! Too much to lose, it's not a moral thing as have been using Iptv since it began,.
Wasn't flat's it was a care home we owned, and operative didn't get past doorway! I know that lots of members wont pay inc @rs500nutter but whether they are corrupt or not. I wouldn't risk it!
Too much to lose! and wouldn't recommend not to pay! That's only imo though!
Totally agree, if it wasn't for the significant other's occupation, I would bin license.. my home has adequate security, cctv. So strangers are on camera, BBC are gits. USA pay to watch BBC
@ £3.99 month.. now that is a kick in the nuts

So your not an eastenders fan then mate :unsure: :LOL:

My brother for many years has refused to pay the license and hates BBC with an absolute passion.

Unfortunately we still pay despite trying to pursuade my dad to bin them he is too concerned with fines and prosecution.

I do agree BBC are corrupt to the core and basically are being funded so they can protect more nonces and more vile scum.

Mate of mine just got knicked for having no tv licence. when they knocked the door he said he only watch catch up and showed them to his firestick. The idiot had IPTV on there which they picked up on. So not only a fine for no tv licence they have also written in the report he is reciveing illegal streams from sly.
I’m sorry, I can’t join you in having a laugh about your friend’s misfortune because I view the tactics employed by the BBC and their agent TV Licensing (a private company owned by Capita) as utterly despicable.

I suspect strongly that your friend has engaged in conversation with the TVL Goon and revealed to them that he has a Firestick. This may well be enough to give them “grounds for suspicion” in order to obtain
a search warrant”. How exactly TVL Officers, as they call themselves, who have no more powers than any other salesman obtains a warrant, is something I’m no expert on, but it does appear, it is the result of
householders inadvertently incriminating themselves or giving grounds for suspicion by engaging in conversation.

There is no legal obligation for a householder to engage in conversation with a salesman (or a “TV Licensing Officer”) at one’s door.

I always ignore the door, but I was once caught out, I simply said “I’m not interested” and politely closed the door, in exactly the same way as I’d respond to any other salesman selling energy for example.
Hey, I’m not interested in their BBC services or live broadcast TV.

Never engage in conversation with a goon!

My brother for many years has refused to pay the license and hates BBC with an absolute passion.

Unfortunately we still pay despite trying to pursuade my dad to bin them he is too concerned with fines and prosecution.

I do agree BBC are corrupt to the core and basically are being funded so they can protect more nonces and more vile scum.

Here's a good video for you and members to see. We're led to believe there's fines of £1,000 with all their threatening correspondence if caught without a TV Licence,
and say watching live broadcast TV or BBC iPlayer. In fact the average fine on pleading guilty is probably well under £150.

I'll share here.

In principle I agree, BBC tv is sold around the world, for vast sums.. living in a sleepy village, jungle drums rumble, if a strange car enters,
If people can get away without paying, hats off to ya..
I am certainly not woke, but my Mrs would be hung out to dry, if some goon gathered Intel...and a Bobby arrived. Also taking into account, her brother is a DCI. . Have discussed this matter with him, if there's not a lot going on warrent officers, have a days work..

In principle I agree, BBC tv is sold around the world, for vast sums.. living in a sleepy village, jungle drums rumble, if a strange car enters,
If people can get away without paying, hats off to ya..
I am certainly not woke, but my Mrs would be hung out to dry, if some goon gathered Intel...and a Bobby arrived. Also taking into account, her brother is a DCI. . Have discussed this matter with him, if there's not a lot going on warrent officers, have a days work..

It's not always about people trying to "get away without paying,", there's many today who have no lawful reason to have a TV Licence, i.e.
(1) They do not view live TV broadcast & (2) The do not use BBC iPlayer Services and completely obide by the terms of the
Communications Act 2003 & The Communications (Television Licensing) Regulations 2004.

Unfortunately those same law obiding people I mention are harassed by Goons without having any evidence of a crime being committed whatsoever.
It is a discrace that this is allowed to go, not to mention all the threatening and intimidating letters sent out monthly.

Actually the financing model needs to be changed to at least that of a subscription. The BBC repeatidly say its good value for money
so they won't have any problems with a subscription. Better still to privatise it like their BBC Studios.

It's not always about people trying to "get away without paying,", there's many today who have no lawful reason to have a TV Licence, i.e.
(1) They do not view live TV broadcast & (2) The do not use BBC iPlayer Services and completely obide by the terms of the
Communications Act 2003 & The Communications (Television Licensing) Regulations 2004.

Unfortunately those same law obiding people I mention are harassed by Goons without having any evidence of a crime being committed whatsoever.
It is a discrace that this is allowed to go, not to mention all the threatening and intimidating letters sent out monthly.

Actually the financing model needs to be changed to at least that of a subscription. The BBC repeatidly say its good value for money
so they won't have any problems with a subscription. Better still to privatise it like their BBC Studios.
I suppose if you legitimately don't use the services a starting point would be you have no TV areiial connected up. And have not downloaded iPlayer

I suppose if you legitimately don't use the services a starting point would be you have no TV areiial connected up. And have not downloaded iPlayer

Of course, and that is the reason why they want into the house to see if either a TV aerial or a set top box is connected to a TV set, because that is clearly an offence, it is an offence to
"install" a TV set, which means connecting an aerial/ set top box and "tuning" it in to receive live broadcast without a licence The fact that an aerial is attached to the roof of my house is insufficiaent
evidence. It is not an offence to have receiving equipment without a TV Licence.

I don't have IPTV, but my understanding is, that it is similar to a Sky or Virgin set top boxes, where live TV broadcast is received via private line. That is different from over the top (OTT) public internet,
like I use, where I view on demand only, for example Netflix or Channel 4 on demand etc..

Isn't capita the same f**kers that are taking benefits from disabled people and leaving them with nothing to survive on. Making them beg for years in court to get what they are entitled too. So let the gate hit them on the way out

Isn't capita the same f**kers that are taking benefits from disabled people and leaving them with nothing to survive on. Making them beg for years in court to get what they are entitled too. So let the gate hit them on the way out
Capita don't take benifits off anybody. Goverment just outsources the admin to them.

Back