Had to Laugh

Ive been waiting for nearly 10 years for the magical detector vans but i waited 30 odd years for lfc to win the premier league aswell :LOL: :ROFLMAO::unsure:

Ive been waiting for nearly 10 years for the magical detector vans but i waited 30 odd years for lfc to win the premier league aswell :LOL: :ROFLMAO::unsure:
Not sure but it may be there has to be enough suspects within a certain area.

If you looked at our local paper about 10 get done a week. And it is always the poorer parts of the city.

Problem with the detector vans are, that there is no way to prove what channel you are watching or even if it is coming from your house

Problem with the detector vans are, that there is no way to prove what channel you are watching or even if it is coming from your house
I think to get a warrant they don't have to prove anything; they just need to establish a strong suspicion you are watching TV as the signal could be coming from a number of houses. However, they know the people who have paid so they do it by a process of elimination. If they knock on your door and you refuse entry from that point, I bet you are assumed guilty. That is when they get the warrant.

Even as a kid, I didn't really believe in detection vans. I have watched some YouTube videos recently, best one was

Your a salesperson, I dont like cold calling..closes the door..

Even as a kid, I didn't really believe in detection vans. I have watched some YouTube videos recently, best one was

Your a salesperson, I dont like cold calling..closes the door..
Yes, that’s the first visit. As many have pointed out you can tell them to jog on and hope they don't come back. But if you live in an area where loads have not paid, they will get a warrant then you must let them in. That vid is bullshit, they would have just come back later with a more experienced Police Officer. The detector vans can just tell as far as i am aware that a TV signal is been broadcast within a small area of say 10 houses. so if 9 have paid for their licence they will knock on the door(s) that have not.

Surely they would need to see a TV from outside the house. I can't see a judge approving basically a search warrant on millions of homes in the UK because a private company wants money from you, whether you owe them it or not. Don't open the door, close the blinds and disconnect your devices. You can have a feed but as long as it isn't connected they can't do nothing.
If the police wanted to carry it out they would surely knock the door down, they are there just to keep the peace

If arrest you for something you are not guilty, they just need reasonable grounds to do so. The TV van is just used to say we suspect they have no licence. I think when they knock down the door this is for more serious matters. However, with a warrant they can certainly enter the premises by reasonable force they just try and avoid it. If you have paid. you may not let them in, but you would show proof of payment, or you would show you have no TV, or you are not watching live channels. We all know if you make matters hard for them then you get found guilty you will get hammered.

The police don't want to be there. They only come incase when the goons try to walk through your door you attack them. That copy gives them the right to walk in, but they cannot force entry. If your door is locked they can't kick it in and the police certainly won't either.

Maybe not however, is somebody really going to live behind a locked door for the sake of £160. At the end of the day not having a TV licence is a criminal act and not a civil matter until maybe 2027 you can actually go to prison for it. And it will show up on any DBS check. would I do their job certainly not same as i would not be a debt collector. would I stop young children watching their cartoons because of parents choosing to feed their children overpaying for a TV licence certainly not. However, anyone who has plenty of money like my mate probably deserves it to be honest. I mean he has a 2-year-old BMW on the drive and goes in the pub posing to the women with his designer clothes and Rolex. We all on here watch a bit of stuff we shouldn’t and know the risks of doing so which to be honest for just watching Iptv are minimal. Their are risks you take and ones you don't.

Don't answer the door it's as simple as that. We had enough of the woke BBC ages ago. The other half wasn't convinced but she was fine once we received a refund. Get plenty of letters to the occupier that don't even get opened, straight into the recycling. They're pretty clever salesmen and will catch people out and scare them into signing up. I really don't like salesmen and time wasters knocking on the door as I work from home and it triggers my Akita. If we do get caught out then it's a simple come back later as busy with working..

TV is on quite a bit for my young daughter in the afternoon which you can see from the window but so what, we know what deliveries were expecting and I've a sign up saying no salesmen.

I can imagine plenty pay it on here as they have poopy pants over using IPTV or CS. My advice would be to get in touch with BBC giving a change of address to parents or friend with a license and you have moved out, you'll get a refund. A good one in if it's a women's name is to say moved out due to domestic abuse, they don't want any hassle with awkward ones. Month or so later letters with come addressed to the occupier.

Depends on how much you don't mind paying for Jimmy Saville and his mates at the BBC. Just drill all in the house not to answer the door to strangers, a good lesson for kids!

If your not watching live tv or useing i player and they come out to check,Why would you not just show them to save all the hassle.You dont need one if your not watching live tv or useing iplayer.I can see them getting phased out because the younger generation use on demand services

If your not watching live tv or useing i player and they come out to check,Why would you not just show them to save all the hassle.You dont need one if your not watching live tv or useing iplayer.I can see them getting phased out because the younger generation use on demand services
You also need one to watch sly or virgin which I think is pretty bad.

Lots of these services like NOW TV and Dazan Etc. I don't know how they would go about proving that.

Back