HD channels OK but few SD just blank.

grog68

VIP Member
TK Supporter
OK this is an interesting one, a friend with a h5.2tc set up as cable only is getting everything but about a dozen SD channels, they're just blank, they are getting the HD versions ok, a couple of the missing channels are +1 so don't have HD equivalent.

They are using a labgear splitter from Screwfix which fixed a pixalating issue they had when using a cheaper splitter. Could this be down to the cable? as I say ALL HD channels are fine and so are most of the SD.

Any Idea's

I can't see it being down to the cable ... maybe a network id issue or a server issue.

I'm using the same server so that's not the issue and the Net ID is the only one listed for the town they are in, ie their town is the town the NetID is listed as. I have asked them to check signal and do a manual scan on the frequency of one of the missing channels, just waiting to see what they come back with

OK getting no signal and scan returns no channels so maybe you're right and it is the netID

Maybe could get it from a genuine tivo box if they still have theirs or if not, a neighbours?

they live in Nuneaton which should be 00016, it's bugging me so going to go over later and check it out and take another box with me just to make sure but can't see it being the box.

Reactions: ste
Just got a message from them, they popped out and when they returned there was virgin doing some work in their street. She went in doors and turned TV on and all channels are working fine :)

Back