Home Network Setup

gillettos

Hi,

Not sure where to really post this, but kinda is featuring TV so here goes.......

I'm looking at 'future proofing' my house..... and remember a few years back going to a home building show at the NEC and came across a stand called 'Single point networks'. Basically one custom designed connection which can handle everything. They promote the fact they use cat-8 cable which is fine for HD, but like now what about 4K.......??

Just wondering if anyone has any advice / suggestions to what methods I can use.

If it means runing separate cables throughout and having the relevant faceplates then so be it, just got a feeling there must be something out there.......

Any advice much appreciated

Cheers :0)

I think It's way too early to think about Cat8, most people will barely have CAT5.e in their homes and will be running on 100Mbps Ethernet cables.

Meanwhile I've gone round every Ethernet cable in my house to make sure they are Gb Ethernet.

I think It's way too early to think about Cat8, most people will barely have CAT5.e in their homes and will be running on 100Mbps Ethernet cables.

Meanwhile I've gone round every Ethernet cable in my house to make sure they are Gb Ethernet.

Me too, gradually changing it all to Cat6. Won't speed up the H2S though!

Well if you are doing a full recabling best to get cat5e or cat6 all link to a gibabit switch in the loft and make sure you setup smart lights hubs and power points with ubs ports as well as some hdmi ports if you really want to catch them all so to speak (Pokemon banter :))

Back