How to flash Arnet Kryptview - Firmware Loading Guide / Tutorial .

I have just ordered the Kryptview A780 and want to know if i need any special firmware to get the box working or can i just download it?

Thanks

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

Oh i just read some off the post sorry i guess i do need the firmware. Thanks...but which version is the latest one?

Let try it

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

Thanks

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

Trying to download the software to flash kryptview. However cant seem to download it, instead it directs me to Groupon website??

if you read the rules it states you need a post of 1 or more to download and maybe server needed updating,try downloads above now(y)

firmwares are usually on an outside source;)

why cant i download the firmware. cheers . ianmar888

read forum rules and message sent from admin and you'll see you have to make a first post, when you have done this (which you have) wait for server to update,

when user name is blue you can download, but as I said this info is in email and PM from admin, also forum rules.

null_modem_cable.preview.jpg

hi all new member needs help
hi im tryng to download the firmware for my krptview a780 but the tab on the TCB.CC toolbar no longer works ive been told my box is jagged and needs the fta firmware as the box is just stuck with the word "on" on the display need advice thanks. i have reflashed the STB with Kryptview_A780_24042011 update and the STB still stuck with "on" on the display any ideas please:beg:

have you got the box connected to the tv as per normal,that firmware is now old and not working so you need to do a s/w update with remote to allow box to update to the latest firmware.
menu-- system installation--s/w update. all done by use of remote control
dont touch anything while box is updating and installing the newer file and box reboots.
then factory reset and do a rescan for channels with lan removed,when channels are loaded insert lan,box modem and router may need powering off for 30 secs then on to get an ip ady.

I've just bought a K A780. I've got the loader, and the latest bin (Kryptview_A780_03012011.bin - true?) I've read though the Posts, but I get the same old "Download not requested". Before going any further, what are the setting for the serial port? I notice someone mentioned 115200, what about bits, parity etc.. Do I have something fundamentally wrong? It's just out of the box. Is it sensible to re-flash before even connecting it to the TV?:)

hi, once the reciever was flashed and complete the box rebooted but is now just counting from p000 up to p250 then starting again to count from p000 to p250?

Anybody know why this is happening?

thanks

firmware on box should read 29112011,if it does not try a s/w update. menu--system installation--s/w update,dont touch anything while box is updating and loading and box reboots,then factory default and rescan.

Thanks. For some reason I couldn't get it to load with desktop PC but found an old laptop with a serial port and the download went without a problem then. However it only gave me freeview channels. (I was loading Kryptview_A780_03012011.bin). I connected it to the internet and did a s/w update. (Was this the correct thing to do?). When I do an automatic rescan I get lines of message of the format "tpx is already .." (about 43 tp lines), then it scans and comes up with all sorts of wierd channel names some with cisco in their names which is odd. When it comes out of scan I still only have freeview. Do I need to reset to factory settings? :)

MilleniumDog

read this thread it explains about the baudrate (parity) you only need to change it if you
are using a USB convertor lead, if your null modem cable plugs directly to your computer and then to the box
you don't have to worry about it

Code:
http://www.techkings.org/kryptview/32966-kryptviewr-rs232to-usb.html

itchybubble the scrolling numbers happen when you flash with old firmware you need 24042011.bin
it's in the download section on this site make sure you use the A780 version

Flash manually with the april firmware then do a s/w update from your remote
using the menu - installation - sw update let the box completly reboot itself,
restore to factory default and rescan for channels

Post back if you get stuck (y)

Bees

Reading your reply to itchybubble, it seems doing the s/w update was the right thing to do. I will try the restore to factory default when I ge home later. Thanx

scanning on correct provider??,maybe not or wrong netid chosen,make sure you have the update as you have not said what is on box.

Hi all, Thanks for the reply... i found the info on why i encountered the problem from another post so sorted and enjoying..

Keep up the good work guys..

Back