How To Softmod Your Wii (Version 4.2 Only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi iam using this guide to softmod my wii and i cant uninstall the 4 ios's it said's deleting ticket error dont know what to do need help

Hi jackson 5
Is it the same as post 42 in this thread,take your time and follow the advice given,any more problems and i will be around tonight to help out

In step 2, deleting the 4 IOS's, I get errors but it says to press any key to continue.. should I get these errors or should it be deleting the files?

Thank you

In step 2, deleting the 4 IOS's, I get errors but it says to press any key to continue.. should I get these errors or should it be deleting the files?

Thank you

Read the post above yours, the answer is there.

hey, im on step 8 right now and when i follow the stpes and begin the installation, under "Installing Custom IOS, please wait..." i keep getting Install ERROR! (ret = -1035)
and then step 9 just freezes my wii
any ideas?

hi kida, a question that may sound like i am talking down to you, but have you put the contents of folder "part 3" onto the card. of the answer is yes, has everything else worked without any errors? when you pressed the home button when you were in the homebrew channel, did it go to the custom ios installer and then did you select "do not reload ios"? without step 8 working properly, step 9 wont work.

yeah step 3 contents are on the card, pressed home to get to the custom IOS installer, chose do not reload ios, still get the error
this is the first error i have run into installing everything

and every step up to this has worked perfectly??? if yes, :here:
Code:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G4ORYN06
I have uploaded pack 3 that i used last night perfectly, just unzip it and paste the contents onto the card and try again. then just give a shout back. Again, i will ask a stupid question, you put pack 3 on top of all the other stuff and not a formatted(blank) SD card.

what are you trying to run?, has this only started to happen?, stupid question, are your batteries good? lastly do you mean that the pointer finger dissappears as soon as you go onto the HBC?, if so, I had one that did this belonging to someone else, what i did was press the red button on the wiimote battery slot and the red button on the wii and re-synchronised them, and it worked for me.

Hi Reign
The update to 4.2 thru Nintendo has been described as like getting a prostitute,you dont know what your getting,i have come across quite a few troubled wii's since the update thats why its recomended not to update,
However this is what i had to do to fix one that sounds like your problem
follow it exactly and you should be ok

I am a bit confused on what I should do next. I followed all of the 4.2 steps including the "ALL WII Procedure". Do I continue with techkings tutorial? What step should I re-start at? Should I clear my sd card and put Step 1, then Step 2 on it and continue with step 2?

My wii was purchased recently with the stock update and was unable to delete the wads during the tutorial and froze so that is why I followed GAF's.

Thank you very much!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back