"idiots guide" to installing sucmnsee's image with EVERY step explained in detail

When's your next image update Rusty? Can't wait. :pop smiley:

Hi,
The image isn't mine - sucmnsee did all the hard work. All I did was expand the installation and update guide so it was much easier for people with absolutely no experience of box setting up to follow.

To add missing channels to apollo build do as dsayers says or just go to the last scanned bouquet and copy to favs from there.
Spadge check what snow said.

HI i have a quick question what is timeslip, i have a zgemma with blue hd and hd attached so i can record and rewind etc, but whats timeslip that you've mentioned?

Ah right my bad, think mine does that ok, will double check tonight. Can i ask another question ive put the satellite into tuner A and Tuner B at the bottom, not the top LNB is that correct?

No. Sould be top left and bottom right as u look at back. The one directly under another should be empty.
If u do an epg dl or abm scan you will get an error if they're wrong

No. But when u have it like u want u can take pics of setting screens, put raw vix on the vu and add in ur settings

Ok so that would still get me the blue sky hd look

---------- Post Merged at 05:26 PM ----------

I'm a complete newbie to all this what I really want is to get this blue sky hd onto my vu mini duo it has black hole so I have read so far I'd need to change that to vix somehow

No that needs added seperately but easy to do. Blue hd is in tspanel and fraggleskyskin i use is in downloads

---------- Post Merged at 05:28 PM ----------

You just overwrite BH by flashing vix to the box. MAKE SURE THE VIX IS SPECIFICALLY FOR THE CORRECT BOX!

Ok thanks for all ur help so I need to get vix image then and replace black hole then get the settings from tspaniel or downloads. Is there a vix image I can get from this site?

Personally i still prefer Sucmnsee tutorial but appreciate the time and effort you have put in RustyMG.

The VU mini is a cloned box if you flash it with wrong firmware you will have problems Has your box got a sticker on it to direct you to a site for safe firmware

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FFS

Right,

I have two options for storage.

A 32gb SanDisk Flash USB Stick
A 250gb External HD

From good advice provided by Snowy and sucmnsee, started down the merry road of trying to solve my Cache Flush Status - Stopped error.

Snowy,

When I checked the settings regarding where my EPG was to be stored, it was set up for media/hdd.

Then following the advice from sucmnsee, I went to initialise my USB, something I had not done before

Menu
TSpanel
Tools 1
Devices
Initialise
Format has FAT32 - 1 partition
Message to say completed, restart required

Restarted - Error message regarding Cache still appeared.
Went back to see if initialising the drive, had reset the EPG storage, seemed like it had as it was now on Internal Flash
Pressed right arrow to change............. No options.

This was on my USB Flash Stick

I then remembered reading that external storage should be in NTFS

So I tried as above, this time with my Hard Drive
Initialise
Format NTFS - 1 partition
Message says done, restart required
Box restarts with error again regarding cache

I go to EPG storage settings, and again, no option to change from Internal Flash.

Gentlemen, this is what a NEWBIE looks like, we are weak and defenceless in the eyes of our TechKing overlords, and we seek thou holy scripture, that we may find peace and a steady connection to Sly Sports.

Dont use a partitioned drive.
Put whatever youre going to use into your pc.
Format in either fat32 or ntfs. Doesnt matter.
Quick format will do.
Turn off box and remove any usbs.
Put new drive in.
Turn on box.
Within 1 minute do:
Menu
Setup
System
Storage devices
Initialisation
Select your drive
Red to initialise
When done do:
Menu
Setup
Vix
Swap manager
Blue to create 256mb
Wait
Yellow to autostart
Green to activate
Red to close
Exit all
Hold power button on remote and select restart.

Back