Internet drops when using splitter

paulsysp

Hi All

My Vermin has started dropping when I split the line. I have never had an issue in over 3 years.. I thought it was the splitter so I bought a new one the issue was fine for an hour and now it's stopped again..

Vermin has sent me a new router still the same.. any ideas?? I got an engineer coming tomorrow, but any thoughts on this and what to charge check?

Thanks..

Yeah i remove splitter and then hide the wires in a bag and claim they are redundent sky cables :)

I will order a power splitter

Picked up a hdu 400 from fleabay. Suprise not working.. quick question before I return it, dies this have to be earthed in anyway or is it just plug into the mains and the power green light comes on??

Hi

I connected the virmin to the first socket. Then No 1 went to router. Plugged the hdu 400 in and no green power light, there is also a power light on the sticke and this is not glowing either. The man I bought it from who lives by me said he had his earthed? But he doesn't remember how.. I have found the earth port but unsure how to do this. As you guys have used a HDU 400 thought best to check how you guys wired/earthed yours or if you had too.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks siilver so no earth required.. on the top right there is a small earth screw.. personally I think of is installed outside will require an earth incase struck by lightning.

100% sure I have connected it correctly as per the video.. the very first connector is the virgin line coming into the house, the other 4 are the outputs..

However I still think it's a dead hdu 400 as the green power light does not glow when powered up

What was the outcome of the engineer visit ? Whats the current power levels running at to the house etc.
In some instances your feed in the cabinet could have been moved to a lower tier for some reason.
A neighbour of mine switched to vm and had nothing but problems with internet drop outs but this was due to excessive high power levels

Unfortunately I had to cancel the visit, booked the engineer and forgot about prior commitments.. I only have BB with virgin and with no splitters it works fine and gives me the does quoted speeds.. so I am thinking they won't do anything, hence thinking about a HDU 400

My current set up has worked great for the last few years, only been last week which has caused issues.. I have seen it coming as one of my boxes the signal strength in the menu option was so low and causedc issues. However my Duo2 downstairs the signal was 5% higher but no issues at all..

Yeah sounds like your getting bare minimum levels and adding extra equiptment is probably pushing it below required levels to run trouble free .

Back