Iptv advice

afckev85

Hey guys, I just got a message from my provider and he says I'll need a VPN for my iptv that I use through a mag box.. is that true and possible? and if so how do I add a VPN to a mag device?

Even simpler find a provider that doesn't get blocked have you already started to be blocked at a weekend or if you was to go down the vpn router route just buy a pre configured router to connect your box too he could be saying that as a precaution so he doesn't get bombarded with messages but most suppliers have had 2 seasons to establish a work round

Even simpler find a provider that doesn't get blocked have you already started to be blocked at a weekend or if you was to go down the vpn router route just buy a pre configured router to connect your box too he could be saying that as a precaution so he doesn't get bombarded with messages but most suppliers have had 2 seasons to establish a work round
Yeah I'm having trouble on some channels mate.. so If I found a provider with no block I wouldn't need to buy a VPN router?

No mate not really there is some providers that havnt had any blocks yet and may not even get blocked
Yeah mate, I think I'll find a new provider as my current service was too glitchy anyway the sly sports was terrible to begin with and my current service runs out in a day or 2 so no problems not losing any money.

If you've got a day or so left then that would be your choice mate take a test at weekend that's how you know who gets blocked and who doesn't get blocked just don't go for zero posters and people who don't contribute to forum mate

Exactly my point in thread a good supplier will have work rounds I get Mike's point as better to use a vpn as saves been blocked but then when some providers blame it on ddos attacks every weekend makes you wonder

There are suppliers who also provide services with built in vpn on their server. More costly but efficient as some end users don't even know what a VPN is
That's like my supplier expensive but no blocks lol I know onse service that advertises vpn no blocks on website but customers have to use vpn to watch football

IMO - any server is prone to a block as the blocks are happening in realtime. So even if a provider tells you no VPN isn't needed now, they will soon change their stance if/when they get affected. As above post I would also strongly recommened you prepare yourself with your own VPN and not rely on the provider!

It was also mentioned on another thread, even if the provider does get affected and 'quickly' fixes the issue - you will still be without service till they overcome the block.

I also understand that some of NORD VPN IP addresses (prob certain countries) are also being blocked so might want to avoid them!

Stop any blocks at all, an no Iptv provider is safe from the blocks no matter what they tell you. I’ve heard it all before m, the whole we don’t get blocked bullshit, then as soon as it’s a ppv boxing weekend or super Sunday weekend it’s block city. It’s cool, I was after friendly advice, not patronisation anyways.

Using a VPN is a personal choice personally i have them on every gadget in the house apart from the kids consoles. The main reason is for IPTV and streaming on cyberflix and i download stuff . I certinaly don't want my ISP knowing this.

Like i said earlier 95% of servers don't require a VPN. But then you cannot start moaning if you miss a PPV fight or a football match while they apply the workaround. I think it works out at about £1.50 a month for 10 connections. So if you are a bit skint you can share an account with a few mates.

Another consideration is if your ISP finds out you are watching IPTV they will throttle your speeds at match times. For me personally it is just not worth the risk i like things to run smoothly.

It is a bit like do you have to service your car every year? The answer is obviously NO. Is it a good idea to YES

Last edited:
I haven't had to switch my vpn on this season but it's still there and gives me the peace of mind that if a block happens I can bypass it almost instantly without a problem.

It might be worth investing in a new device (android box, firestick are less than £50) that can have a vpn put directly onto it for £2 a month rather than be stuck with the mag and it's need for a vpn router and more expensive vpn subscription to bypass blocks.

I don't think any iptv provider is safe from the blocks so one who hasn't been affected so far could be hit anytime.

I haven't had to switch my vpn on this season but it's still there and gives me the peace of mind that if a block happens I can bypass it almost instantly without a problem.

It might be worth investing in a new device (android box, firestick are less than £50) that can have a vpn put directly onto it for £2 a month rather than be stuck with the mag and it's need for a vpn router and more expensive vpn subscription to bypass blocks.

I don't think any iptv provider is safe from the blocks so one who hasn't been affected so far could be hit anytime.
Thats one of the reasons i bought a formuler box. so easy to install a VPN.

Back