IPTV AND VPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the weird thing, my phone is on O2 and my son's is on Vodafone...…...neither of our phones will work either on mobile data.

I have an on-going complaint with Sky, as my Sky Q box is playing up, so I have e-mailed them to say about my internet problems. I can't stream anything while football is on, even Amazon Prime wont work, it just buffers like hell, but as soon as the match ends, it's all fine again. Sky are definitely doing something to my internet during Prem League times, obviously I haven't told them I use IPTV, I have just said to them that I was looking online at my problem and I read about Sky blocking Premier League football...….I then said to them I started monitoring the timings of my internet issues and every time they start and finish it co-incides with a football match being on.

I have just said, fair enough you block people who stream illegally, but I'm not doing this, yet you are stopping all my streaming working when a football match is on, so clearly you are doing something with your internet that affects all customers and not just those who stream illegally.

I'll see what they come back with, but if it carries on I will be demanding that all my services are terminated and I will go elsewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
First time I have had issues today, watching premier sports was freezing, taking a while to start, and also affected the other TV as well watching movies. With BT.

Football over, all working again, on WiFi, O2 mobile data and Vodafone mobile data......surely I can't be that unlucky to get blocked by 3 X separate internet providers?

Could someone have hacked my details and be using them when football is on? Just a thought.

Football over, all working again, on WiFi, O2 mobile data and Vodafone mobile data......surely I can't be that unlucky to get blocked by 3 X separate internet providers?

Could someone have hacked my details and be using them when football is on? Just a thought.
How are you setup mate username and password? Mac based setup

Ask them to change username and password that should rule out someone else using it. You could ask provider to check your connection aswel

I'm on 02 my wives on vodaphone we haven't had any issues today and where in Manchester so it can't be a local issue
Theres something wrong when your blocked by 3 suppliers

I'm on 02 my wives on vodaphone we haven't had any issues today and where in Manchester so it can't be a local issue
Tell me about it mate too many sky spies around now days and details getting shared

As @dsayers2014 has mentioned ask them to change your details over for you mate see if same happens again and get a test next weekend and see if it's down to supplier or isp but it has been mentioned vpns not working as been blocked does seem strange how your getting full brunt of it even with nf and iplayer ect

Exactly, but wrong where.....supplier end? They are saying it's not them and I believe them, even one of the admins from here has spoken to them for me and they agree it's not the suppliers fault.

Exactly, but wrong where.....supplier end? They are saying it's not them and I believe them, even one of the admins from here has spoken to them for me and they agree it's not the suppliers fault.
Is cause your a utd fan lmao only joking whose your vpn with

Is cause your a utd fan lmao only joking whose your vpn with

I got trials from most of the big ones, 48 hr free etc and I borrowed logins for others from mates, tried all the main ones and even some free ones. I'm going to see what Sky say following my complaint.

Beat way mate wonder how many others it's happening too and don't mean forum members either just general house holds what's it like when Monday night football on and champions league

Monday night, Champions League is perfect, same with any midweek Prem games that may be on.....it's only Sat/Sun that are affected.

theres a hell of a lot of information/misinformation on this thread.

yesterday, at a hotel in cheshire i used vodafone broadband supplied by the hotel to watch a 3pm game on a laptop, no vpn needed.

i know people on the same server using the same isp (voda) were blocked.

nobody knows whats going on.

whilst its all great to share experiences dont take everything as gospel.

:)

I got trials from most of the big ones, 48 hr free etc and I borrowed logins for others from mates, tried all the main ones and even some free ones. I'm going to see what Sky say following my complaint.
Let us know bud as know many in same boat with Sly

Well dt99 a good post indeed and lots of helpful replies.My server was fine for todays games and will probably be ok for the European ones this week. I just seems the Saturday/ 3pm games are the real problem. Reading here I may well try a VPN for a month just to see how it goes.

I was blocked on Saturday for 2nd half of a 3PM kick off .Im on BT a friend on SKY was blocked at same time . As soon as match finished it worked again. It all was fine on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back