IPTV AND VPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
My provider was hit a fair few times last week-end and this,but lasted only a few seconds before back up and running although this happened a few times during the game,he is quite quick to rectify and his communication is 1st class a member asked if a VPN would be a solution but he replied that it is in place,there is no question that he uses others to provide is streams(Nature of the Beast) so I can assume that a VPN is not always the answer..

So, in theory it is not illegal to re-stream other channels?
Nope, it's just not worth the effort for anybody to try and block it.
EPL is the golden goose of Pay TV and they know they need to not lose the battle for it with the pirates. Causing blackouts at the business end of the season will discourage people from signing up again for next year so it could even just be a few months of 'attacks' and then back to normal, or it could be that the games changed and people need to (try to) adapt. Time will tell.

one thing i will mention which will probably get lost in this thread but is important.

xtream servers sometimes take a minute or so to refresh your ip that they see you connecting from.

so, for instance, if you are running from your normal ip when the streams get blocked and you switch to a vpn it may see you as trying to connect from 2 ip addresses.

best to exit your iptv app , start up the vpn and then restart the iptv app or device.

either that or just run via vpn from way before you start up your iptv app / device.

Here is the weird thing, my phone is on O2 and my son's is on Vodafone...…...neither of our phones will work either on mobile data.

My IPTV would never work on my O2 without a vpn and this a was few different providers, what I hadn't realised is O2 put a block on age appropriate content and I assume this was affecting mine as it now streams fine using O2 now I lifted the block.

Also I have a friend that has sly as their isp and was using Nord and it failed to connect to his IPTV.. he switched to express VPN and it gave him access.

Last edited by a moderator:
My IPTV would never work on my O2 without a vpn and this a was few different providers, what I hadn't realised is O2 put a block on age appropriate content and I assume this was affecting mine as it now streams fine using O2 now I lifted the block.

Age restrictions are off on my O2 account, I double checked that yesterday and as soon as the football finished it all worked again. I mentioned it to my provider and they just said it's blocks there is nothing you can do.

Just weird how Sky block me on my home BB and then O2 and Vodafone block me on my mobile data, yet all 3 work once the football ended and a VPN didn't work with any of them.

Something is not right somewhere.

Yeah somthing strange there, and did you try a different VPN also?

Just wondering if it's a slybb and working in conjunction with phone network providers thing as like I mentioned before I had Nord running with vermin and it worked ok

Yeah somthing strange there, and did you try a different VPN also?

Just wondering if it's a slybb and working in conjunction with phone network providers thing as like I mentioned before I had Nord running with vermin and it worked ok

Yep,I tried various different VPN over the weekend with no success. I'm not that fussed about the mobile data, I just did that to try it. I'm waiting for Sky to reply to me as I have complained because I can't even stream genuine services during game time......see what excuses they come back with.

I did contact Plusnet as soon afters last July's high court ruling was made and they absolutely assured me that they do not do any blocking.

furthermore that also said that if they did block my IP they were legally bound to tell me so.
that was then, this is now, and I to date I have had no word from them.

interestingly, in my case I have only had 'server down' at weekends and no problems with weekday
Sly Premier League .. and my Beetee sports still works fine for European matches.
even NBC sports has failed,
but I watched Everton v LFC and Everton using Modbro on my Kodi box yesterday
a poor stream yes - but if Modbro can run without a VPN why not the others?

as far as I see it, the jury is still out on VPN's and perhaps it's really all down to our IPTV providers after all?
that said, I found post #19 by xero50 to be very interesting indeed (if not sometimes over my head) and may try his suggestions on a third party router

(it's a bit of a begger being a tight fisted 74 year old on State Pension, but I'll soldier on)

Update...….

Sky have denied any knowledge of blocking my streaming while football is on and cannot say why my 'genuine streaming' is affected during Prem League. I have an engineer coming out on Saturday to look at a separate issue with my Sky Q box, so they said they will ask them to have a look, but if they find nothing they will have to send a broadband engineer out, they cannot find any faults on my line etc.

The best part was when the woman at Sky said, what do you watch on streaming...….so I said, YouTube, Amazon Prime, Netflix etc...…….her reply, Oh are you not into football, as there are loads of free streaming sites where you can watch the games and I know you can actually pay to get access to all the Sky channels as well via streaming, saves you paying our high prices.

I just acted dumb, I couldn't be sure if she was genuinely telling me this or trying to catch me out!!

I'll second what lamblamb said. I haven't had to use my VPN this season yet, but last season on both my h2s and on android box I found that if the stream got blocked and I turned my VPN on that it still would not play. However if I exited the app/restarted the box and then started the stream with the VPN already on it was fine.

Obviously it'll be different on different devices etc but think it's important to clear the old ip first before you connect with the new one. On the same basis, the servers panel needs to see that you've disconnected from the old ip before you connect again - otherwise it may well think you are trying to use two connections.

Was anyone blocked today? I was advised to disable IPV6 on my router as apparently it has worked for people with Sly as an ISP to get around the blocks. I did it and I wasn't blocked, but was it just a coincidence.

No one reported they were blocked to my supplier by all accounts, so I'm wondering was there just no block attempt today, it would be good to know if the IPV6 did anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back