Iptv block

Itwas just a thought. I don't think VM are any worse for tryining to block IPTV than any other ISP provider. Most people just switch on the VPN when football is on there certinally is something triggering these blocks.
I think vm might be throttling at peak times.

Speaking to few people on group I know and they were saying despite doing all basic trouble shooting steps and even having web safe off they were still having issues with their IPTV with and without VPN. So clearly some providers are struggling to find some sort of a fix.

I think vm might be throttling at peak times.
welll i get a 165 meg with VPN on drops from the usual 220 meg. It never changes to be fair. The only problem i get is with NORD. i tested another VPN and i also had problems i think it was surf shark.

Speaking to few people on group I know and they were saying despite doing all basic trouble shooting steps and even having web safe off they were still having issues with their IPTV with and without VPN. So clearly some providers are struggling to find some sort of a fix.
I suppose it depends if they are resellers. Resellers would have zero control. I am not sure if my supplier is a reseller or not but never, had any problems.

There's something sinister afoot.
If they were blocking iptv servers I wouldn't be able to get anything?
Bt sport was targeted at lunchtime but movies/docs and music etc were perfect.
Watched match on a different channel in peace.

Night time match was same on bein but all others fine.
Watched it on an obscure channel and it was fine

All ISPs throttle at peaks tbh

But honestly for some time now havent really noticed speeds being really down at peak time. When streaming VOD and especially downloading get very close to full

I pay for 200 meg. And virgin say you should expect 220 onn average. to be fair tyhe lowest i have seen it without a VPN is 190

All ISPs throttle at peaks tbh

But honestly for some time now havent really noticed speeds being really down at peak time. When streaming VOD and especially downloading get very close to full speeds.

I don't mean throttle as in give lower speeds to everyone due to higher demand, I mean throttle in that they cause regular fluctuations of speed dropping it from normal to really low, in order to disrupt streaming

Ye thats if your lucky I know some including myself in the past that have had dire speeds at peak times.
I suppose in our area VIrgin have not got the monopoly on fast speeds. so service is not over used. We can get gigabit broadband off 3 different suppliers. And i suppose before next year talktalk will be throwing there service into the pot.

I don't mean throttle as in give lower speeds to everyone due to higher demand, I mean throttle in that they cause regular fluctuations of speed dropping it from normal to really low, in order to disrupt streams

A VPN if its any good will stop that. As long as you are getting speeds above 20 meg to the device you should have no issues.

I suppose in our area VIrgin have not got the monopoly on fast speeds. so service is not over used. We can get gigabit broadband off 3 different suppliers. And i suppose before next year talktalk will be throwing there service into the pot.

Yep if network in the area is heavily used you gona have high utilisation which will cause major speed drops at peak times.

Took bloody over a year for them to sort high utilisation in my area with network infrastructure upgrades etc.

Can remember getting 10meg speeds at peak times during that period.

I'm on a decently powerful 4k enigma2 box, VM 100Mbps, and have Surfshark.
My IPTV supplier hasn't needed a VPN but I try to use it anyway.
Without VPN it's fine, with it barely usable half the time.
Speedtest on the box goes from 100 down to 40-80 with VPN but that should be enough.
I try different Surfshark servers to no avail.
My particular combination just does not work, so if the time comes that I do need VPN then I'm fooked.

If getting any trouble with service of provider it could be
1) old device not up for the job
2) can be server overloading not updating data usage maybe
3) throttling/drop outs by isp provider
4) frequency interference, example say you have 1-10 what your street use for broadband and you have slot 1 with 33 houses on this but slot 2 as 1 house only then they are laughing with flawless connection
5) apps old buggy
6) security settings are enabled causing issues on subscription service

I'm on a decently powerful 4k enigma2 box, VM 100Mbps, and have Surfshark.
My IPTV supplier hasn't needed a VPN but I try to use it anyway.
Without VPN it's fine, with it barely usable half the time.
Speedtest on the box goes from 100 down to 40-80 with VPN but that should be enough.
I try different Surfshark servers to no avail.
My particular combination just does not work, so if the time comes that I do need VPN then I'm fooked.
If your services drops down to 40 meg., and you have phones and other people using the internet. depending on what they are doing it is going to cause you isuues. When choosing your internet package if you can always add 50 meg of what you think you will need. This will allow for a VPN and variance in speeds.

There's something more than this going on.
If my connection being throttled or up/down/up, surely if I put a fhd movie channel on it would be the same as sky sport?
Played perfect
Put on sky sport prem league sd and it was choppy
Put documentary channel on and perfect.
They are targeting one stream from hundreds somehow

Back