Votes: 7 6.0%
  • smart tv no to freezing

• android including firestick and pc yes to freezing

• androidincluding firestick and pc no to freezing

Votes: 4 3.4%

• Total voters
It all comes down to your service provider. I use an enigma2 box wireless with Xtream and also use fire tv with smart IPTV and never experience glitching on any of the channels and i watch sport and movies in 1080p. My speed is 60mb. If your wired u really shouldn't be glitching at all.

got 14mb wired, i shouldnt get any glitching with that should i ???
For most channels, no.

However, depends on the stream you're watching, as some of the streams I've watched are using 12mb/s for most of the stream, and goes up to 22mb/s depending on the scene

Somebody mentioned in answer to channels showing Premiership matches that the Portugese Sport Channels give good coverage. Well the other night I was getting an occasional buffering on BT Sports during the United v Real Madrid match so I tried PT/TV1 (Portugese) I think it was and it was perfect no suggestion of a glitch the entire match and a quality picture admitedly the commentary was in portugese but after a while you forget about it. I wonder whether my sub is a little over subscribed, hense the buffering on a popular match, whereas not so many viewers on the Portugese Sports may be worth considering for 3pm kick offs and Champions League. Just a thought. Sorry if I should have started a new thread but I thought it was relevent to the buffering issue.

recommended for hd streaming is around 24 -30 wired with an ethernet cable to the device, other option TP LINK wired. wifi is a No No for any device that is gonna stream live tv no matter what super fast internet you have at home

One of My Boxes Zgemma h2s / Ping 7-12 / Down 160 Mb / up 0.38 Mb, XC plugin + e2 script iptv bouquet running perfect. I watched over 2 hours of football yesterday and i don't recall a freeze, Best of times i don't see a freeze at all and if it did it mite give off 3-4 freezes say in half hour to hour more so on usa,ca,aus but saying that i don't sit an watch much tv daily.

XtreamTV plug. I myself put this on a zgemma h2s @HOME last nite for a mate same iptv service 100% perfect, his internet was tested at ping of 10 with 37 mb down. at his place the XtreamTV ran brutal spinning loop every 5 sec's the navigating through the tv channels was so slow even the box became very slow outside the xtream plugin as it was trying to make a connection. 3 people i know that tested iptv with the same problem all on the same ISP with the same fiber modem router "The Problem" Default configuration by the ISP when installed. So the Config change May help some firewalls,bandwidth control,Websafe,Smart Setup,Shield,opening ports,nat type,Shield,IP flooding...

I see it all the time..Some people don't wanna make any kinda effort at their end. Google search ISP best Config setting for that router model. The iptv black market you are gonna get a bag full of Bad iptv services and conmen < :fuckyou:

Hope my feedback will help some :(y):

Cheers mate. After getting onto talktalk and them basically making it worse, i basically knocked my vpn off and download went upt 35mbps. Since then ive had no freezing whatsoever

recommended for hd streaming is around 24 -30 wired with an ethernet cable to the device, other option TP LINK wired. wifi is a No No for any device that is gonna stream live tv no matter what super fast internet you have at home

One of My Boxes Zgemma h2s / Ping 7-12 / Down 160 Mb / up 0.38 Mb, XC plugin + e2 script iptv bouquet running perfect. I watched over 2 hours of football yesterday and i don't recall a freeze, Best of times i don't see a freeze at all and if it did it mite give off 3-4 freezes say in half hour to hour more so on usa,ca,aus but saying that i don't sit an watch much tv daily.

XtreamTV plug. I myself put this on a zgemma h2s @HOME last nite for a mate same iptv service 100% perfect, his internet was tested at ping of 10 with 37 mb down. at his place the XtreamTV ran brutal spinning loop every 5 sec's the navigating through the tv channels was so slow even the box became very slow outside the xtream plugin as it was trying to make a connection. 3 people i know that tested iptv with the same problem all on the same ISP with the same fiber modem router "The Problem" Default configuration by the ISP when installed. So the Config change May help some firewalls,bandwidth control,Websafe,Smart Setup,Shield,opening ports,nat type,Shield,IP flooding...

I see it all the time..Some people don't wanna make any kinda effort at their end. Google search ISP best Config setting for that router model. The iptv black market you are gonna get a bag full of Bad iptv services and conmen < :fuckyou:

Hope my feedback will help some :(y):
if your mate gets a magbox he will be fine. enigima boxes have never been that good with iptv i don't know how how good the new ones are. the amazon stick is good for a wireless connection but i think the mag box is way out in front of any device.

you're going to experience a small bit of buffering and freezing now and again on all devices and anyone who says their iptv runs flawless is full of it or a reseller trying to line their own pockets, it will never be as steady as c/s as there are way more complications with iptv and its totally reliant on internet, but its still beats paying old Rupert over a grand a year.

I've had iptv on h2s with different results with diff builds. Was pretty impressed overall. Just using barebones build with minimum plugins and tuners disabled. Have little to none buffering in last month even during pl games. I put same subscription on my Apple TV 4 last night through GSE iptv app and must say it runs far better than the Zgemma's. I don't even miss the sly look compared to picture quality and zap speeds.

if your mate gets a magbox he will be fine. enigima boxes have never been that good with iptv i don't know how how good the new ones are. the amazon stick is good for a wireless connection but i think the mag box is way out in front of any device.
As regards the poll on this thread. Of the 18 votes cast by Magbox users, 13 out of the 18 are saying no freezing, which apart from the three 'non E2 box category' votes, is the highest proportion of device saying No Freezing.

If you've got a decent broadband speed and still receiving freezing/glitches the surely it's due to the supplier. I've tried some Ebay sellers and there are plenty of other suppliers who can be found with Google. Personally the Ebay "Gifts" I tried were absolute rubbish. Constant freezing etc. Cheap but nasty. I've only tried one well known IPTV provider but like Sports Mania they seem to be targetted by the PL and are suffering server problems. Not their fault but you want to receive decent streams. The best packages are here on Techkings. These guys are flying under the radar and provide the best streams. Just ask for a test line but remember to check for how long they have been a member. Most replies are genuine but stay clear of recommendations. I got one for Posh IPTV who also sells on Ebay and now banned (I believe).

I've used Openbox V9S, SmartIPTV for Samsung TV and Firestick 2nd generation and streams from providers on here have been great. Nothing to do with your device, it's all down to who is providing your stream. Not going to promote anyone. Just ask for a test line and choose which is best for you

I have a really annoying glitch on an Enigma2 box, in that IPTV will work perfectly for x amount of time and then suddenly freeze solid. If I zap channel and then back again, it works perfectly until the next freeze, which could be in 3 minutes or 3 hours. I've tried different images, routers, settings and nothing will shift it. The box is wired ethernet to 39Mbps fibre and the Internet otherwise works fine when it happens, speed tests are great. I doubt it's the provider because the stream is still there if you zap channels. And my box has plenty of cache, not running slow or anything. It's as though it briefly loses the stream, but can't automatically reconnect again for some reason. Anyone else seen this?

I have a really annoying glitch on an Enigma2 box, in that IPTV will work perfectly for x amount of time and then suddenly freeze solid. If I zap channel and then back again, it works perfectly until the next freeze, which could be in 3 minutes or 3 hours. I've tried different images, routers, settings and nothing will shift it. The box is wired ethernet to 39Mbps fibre and the Internet otherwise works fine when it happens, speed tests are great. I doubt it's the provider because the stream is still there if you zap channels. And my box has plenty of cache, not running slow or anything. It's as though it briefly loses the stream, but can't automatically reconnect again for some reason. Anyone else seen this?

Have you disabled the blockers on your router, I was getting very similar things on my box that you mentioned, so I did a complete re-flash of the box, disabled the blockers (parental controls etc), re-booted router and it works a lot better. Have you tried anther provider, just to rule it out as a problem?

I also got my ISP to reset my phone line, they reset the connection from the exchange to my hub as there was a lot of traffic on it and that has honestly made a huge difference. I'm running Open ATV 6.1 with minimal plugins and it's running better than ever at the minute after I did all the above, previously it was driving me mad, stopping all the time.

Last edited:
Have you disabled the blockers on your router, I was getting very similar things on my box that you mentioned, so I did a complete re-flash of the box, disabled the blockers (parental controls etc), re-booted router and it works a lot better. Have you tried anther provider, just to rule it out as a problem?

I also got my ISP to reset my phone line, they reset the connection from the exchange to my hub as there was a lot of traffic on it and that has honestly made a huge difference. I'm running Open ATV 6.1 with minimal plugins and it's running better than ever at the minute after I did all the above, previously it was driving me mad, stopping all the time.

There's no blockers on the router, it's pretty much vanilla, as is my sat box. Tried OpenVIX, OpenATV and OpenPLI, happens across the board. I had a number of trials with other providers, but they were all too buffery for my liking. The provider I use now seems to be top notch, great quality streams. The freezing could of course be down to their setup, but my gut feeling tells me its the box. As for my broadband, it seems to work great, no dropouts, decent line stats, no poor speeds so far. I've been around long enough to know what a bad line looks like unfortunately :grin:

I know these boxes weren't really designed with IPTV in mind, it's just frustrating to be so close to perfection, for what is probably a simple fix to somebody.

I used to use IPTV but it wasn't reliable which this poll has clearly identified.
Hi hope u don't mind me asking but you said you "used to use IPTV" so what do u use now.
I was on wooshbuild on a Zgemma using c-line but had to look for something else when SLY blocked everything.
Using IPTV now on my box but still as trials coz I cannot find the perfect replacement for what I had before.
Would love to know what your using
Thanx

Back