IPTV Raw Streams Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wait till weekend I bet most if not all who has jumped to servers with raw streams on them are blocked when epl kicks off just my opinion

I messeged 2 new members last night, asking what a raw stream was, didn't answer myself. ? 😏
A RAW feed in terms of IPTV is when it doesn't go through a transcoder, so you get somewhat as close to the intended original image quality of a satellite feed.

With satellite feeds, most providers will go from a feeder, onto a transcoder and then onto a panel. Most providers run this way due to security of their feeder, but also then will add a logo or make changes to the stream which alters the quality and that's why you notice the motion blur with things like sports. Not to mention an added 30 seconds or so to the live TV delay as there is an extra layer.

There are only 3 real RAW owners of UK content (there was only 1 until around 12 months ago). None of the providers even knew the difference themselves between the RAW and non RAW feeds until the end of last year, a few provide streams with no logo's claiming to be RAW, but these are not RAW streams, and it's pretty easy to tell, not only visibly but also because of the audio and video codecs used. This is why you'll get some providers stating that they have RAW feeds when they don't, a lot still don't know the difference.

It is impossible to keep the same quality when running anything through a transcoder, let alone a live stream.

Those that do provide these, provide them at a highly inflated price, due to the risk that goes behind providing these, not to mention those that re-sell them without permission. This is why they will also be fairly picky as to who they provide these to.

Although these have been around for approx 2 years, there has only been a buzz around these over the last 9 months due to a new provider that pushed these for what they are, RAW.

Just wait till weekend I bet most if not all who has jumped to servers with raw streams on them are blocked when epl kicks off just my opinion

I think most who I've seen have taken a short sub with a raw stream provider alongside their current sub so it's not like anyone's living in cloud cuckoo land.

I think the request thread is supposed to be where you ask for a trial, not commit to a subscription.
But you do commit to a subscription through the request thread once you've had a trial or 100 trials what makes me laugh about request thread is that one month there requesting 100s of tests ie fekk in freeloaders for football/PPV then month after their selling😅😅

I think the request thread is supposed to be where you ask for a trial, not commit to a subscription.
No these members i messaged had 1 post, insistent on Raw, I asked a perfectly civil question.
What is a raw stream. No answers. Like I said I test drove 8 Audi's before I found 1 that suited.. back to new members asking for raw, it got desired result, great advertising, as we are still discussing it.

But you do commit to a subscription through the request thread once you've had a trial or 100 trials what makes me laugh about request thread is that one month there requesting 100s of tests ie fekk in freeloaders for football/PPV then month after their selling😅😅

Yes - I've also seen people requesting a service to resell. Madness, how can they know they're selling anything that's any good if they have never used it before?

No these members i messaged had 1 post, insistent on Raw, I asked a perfectly civil question.
What is a raw stream. No answers. Like I said I test drove 8 Audi's before I found 1 that suited.. back to new members asking for raw, it got desired result, great advertising, as we are still discussing it.

There's a good explanation of it a few posts above for you.

I think most who I've seen have taken a short sub with a raw stream provider alongside their current sub so it's not like anyone's living in cloud cuckoo land.
Didn't say they was bud just merely pointing out what will happen obviously those that use vpn 24/7 won't know
A RAW feed in terms of IPTV is when it doesn't go through a transcoder, so you get somewhat as close to the intended original image quality of a satellite feed.

With satellite feeds, most providers will go from a feeder, onto a transcoder and then onto a panel. Most providers run this way due to security of their feeder, but also then will add a logo or make changes to the stream which alters the quality and that's why you notice the motion blur with things like sports. Not to mention an added 30 seconds or so to the live TV delay as there is an extra layer.

There are only 3 real RAW owners of UK content (there was only 1 until around 12 months ago). None of the providers even knew the difference themselves between the RAW and non RAW feeds until the end of last year, a few provide streams with no logo's claiming to be RAW, but these are not RAW streams, and it's pretty easy to tell, not only visibly but also because of the audio and video codecs used. This is why you'll get some providers stating that they have RAW feeds when they don't, a lot still don't know the difference.

It is impossible to keep the same quality when running anything through a transcoder, let alone a live stream.

Those that do provide these, provide them at a highly inflated price, due to the risk that goes behind providing these, not to mention those that re-sell them without permission. This is why they will also be fairly picky as to who they provide these to.

Although these have been around for approx 2 years, there has only been a buzz around these over the last 9 months due to a new provider that pushed these for what they are, RAW.
Correct they are highly priced for reasons and rightly so imo

I don't require schooling thanks i know exactly what they are !

A good indication of whether the discussion has been worthwhile or not will be if next weekend the same members who've requested raw streams are back on the request thread asking for standard subs because raw streams haven't been all that. And also, if the members who've taken one month subs don't extend, that'll speak volumes as there are some knowledgeable and experienced customers trying out raw streams.

A good indication of whether the discussion has been worthwhile or not will be if next weekend the same members who've requested raw streams are back on the request thread asking for standard subs because raw streams haven't been all that. And also, if the members who've taken one month subs don't extend, that'll speak volumes as there are some knowledgeable and experienced customers trying out raw streams.
How many of those who's requested raw streams in request thread on here has actually commented on this thread about them maybe 1-2 if that

How many of those who's requested raw streams in request thread on here has actually commented on this thread about them maybe 1-2 if that

But presumably they've read the thread, hence them asking for them. Or maybe they've seen other people asking for raw streams on the request thread, and it's like the "no resellers" thing that people seem to blindly copy onto requests.

To much of a coincidence, but I am bored of this thread, good luck in search of the pot of gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back