IPTV Through Android Box, Firestick Just Not Reliable

gibbsy09

Hi just as title, not been on here for a while, I've had at least 4 IPTV providers to date via they're designated apps, and I've got by, and when I say got by I mean got by, I know IPTV isn't always reliable and probably won't ever be, but yes some providers are better than others, so frustrating when it comes to big match day, and the buffering freezing or just plain no picture happens.

And if I have to read have you cleared your cache, restarted your router, try uninstalling app, and ok at my end one more time, always passing the buck, is there a better way?

Few questions, as I've said just back on here but seen a couple of threads where guys were talking about using Z gemma boxes etc for streaming, this is new to me.

1) is there more chance of getting a reliable stable stream when using a box, what are the benefits if any? rather than using an app from your provider.

2) is sly still blocking the line feeds that I used to have on my Z gemma, is virgin blocked now or can you still get it?

3) Are there IPTV providers out there that cater for Z gemma, mag boxes etc.

4) can you still start a conversation looking for reliable providers on here because, it looks like that option is gone.

5) can't think of anything else for now lol but hope some people will reply with help, Thanks.

Hi just as title, not been on here for a while, I've had at least 4 IPTV providers to date via they're designated apps, and I've got by, and when I say got by I mean got by, I know IPTV isn't always reliable and probably won't ever be, but yes some providers are better than others, so frustrating when it comes to big match day, and the buffering freezing or just plain no picture happens.

And if I have to read have you cleared your cache, restarted your router, try uninstalling app, and ok at my end one more time, always passing the buck, is there a better way?

Few questions, as I've said just back on here but seen a couple of threads where guys were talking about using Z gemma boxes etc for streaming, this is new to me.

1) is there more chance of getting a reliable stable stream when using a box, what are the benefits if any? rather than using an app from your provider.

2) is sly still blocking the line feeds that I used to have on my Z gemma, is virgin blocked now or can you still get it?

3) Are there IPTV providers out there that cater for Z gemma, mag boxes etc.

4) can you still start a conversation looking for reliable providers on here because, it looks like that option is gone.

5) can't think of anything else for now lol but hope some people will reply with help, Thanks.
No cable or sat lines will give you sky sports unless you use euro sat lines.
Android or zgemma will be the same if your ISP blocking you, no advantage or disadvantage to using either
Use a VPN to stop them blocking you.
Using four or forty IPTV providers will have the same outcome until you take action at your end.
It always makes me laugh when I hear the old chestnut "passing the buck" but I can understand that if your TV stops working you think everyone's has but in reality 499 from 500 users could be watching in peace.

If it's not at your end how is it that every provider is the same?

It's at your end

No cable or sat lines will give you sky sports unless you use euro sat lines.
Android or zgemma will be the same if your ISP blocking you, no advantage or disadvantage to using either
Use a VPN to stop them blocking you.
Using four or forty IPTV providers will have the same outcome until you take action at your end.
It always makes me laugh when I hear the old chestnut "passing the buck" but I can understand that if your TV stops working you think everyone's has but in reality 499 from 500 users could be watching in peace.

If it's not at your end how is it that every provider is the same?

It's at your end

Never came on here for an argument, your just assuming I don't have a VPN, but ok fair point I don't, but I also know my ISP is not intentionally blocking me, why because I'm not streaming night and day, I'm with SSE, and as far as I know they're not notorious for blocking, I said it froze or buffered, I get around 28meg, so that should be enough, so your either an IPTV provider, or your pro IPTV providers, and I merely said it was a much better set up when you were getting the supply from a sky dish.

If it's the case when an ISP is trying to block you that you will get buffering, or when you are are watching a football match and on your screen, you see a mouse, computer mouse that is, flicking across the screen to restart a programme, and we've all seen it lol, then I stand corrected, but don't try and tell me that IPTV providers don't try to fob you off with any old crap, cause it's not true, I just came on here looking for a better way, or solution, I don't think a VPN is going to be my solution to everything, and I'm never blocked from streaming with free apps.

1. There is a argument for getting a decent box. Because IPTV and associated apps are processor hungry. Stay away from enigma 2 they were never designed for IPTV. Brfore people reply i know some people say they have no issues. Most problems on here are associated with Enigma boxes.
2. A VPN will stop your ISP blocking you.
3. Yes. Mag box has codec issues with VOD i beleive
4. Yes

In my experince IPTV is no better or worse than the old cardshare or cable days. The trick is as always finding a good supplier.

Last edited:
1. There is a argument for getting a decent box. Because IPTV and associated apps are processor hungry. Stay away from enigma 2 they were never designed for IPTV. Brfore people reply i know some people say they have no issues. Most problems on here are associated with Enigma boxes.
2. A VPN will stop your ISP blocking you.
3. Yes. Mag box has codec issues with VOD i beleive
4. Yes

Hi thanks could you suggest some good boxes then that won't cost the earth, I really don't think my ISP is blocking me, I always thought that the processors on the boxes weren't that fast, that's why I went down the Firestick, and Android box route, I've got a me cool, and I think the processor is not too bad, but when you say the apps are processor hungry, then that's interesting.

If you don't mind could you give me a quick rundown of how the boxes work through an IPTV provider, is it as straight forward as putting the URL into the box or is there more to it, Thanks BTW maybe IPTV providers aren't the devil after all lol.

Have a look here. I would stay clear of the cheap chinise boxes.

Android Based Devices Reviews
1. some boxes have a dedicated IPTV app e.g formuler boxes and bUZZ BOXES.
2 Most suppliers can supply you with a app. Or you can choose your own.

Read my guide here that should cover most things.

My Guide to IPTV.
Thanks what about, non android boxes like my old zgemma, if I wanted to go down that route, believe it or not but I miss just having ordinary TV, so would like to connect my sky dish again, it was connected to my zgemma, and I could record Freeview channels if I wanted, but one day it just stopped booting, and I never had an open vix backup, so I just shelved it lol.

So I'd like to have the best of both worlds, if that was possible, and have Freeview, and IPTV together if that was possible, I don't have an outside Arial, so my only means of watching bbc1 or stv is through IPTV, and IPTV just doesn't like those channels always buffers, maybe a zgemma H9, or something or are the processors just too slow,Thanks.

I dont recomend them. They are enigma 2 boxes people still use them just tell which ever supplier you choose. Some suppliers will not support them anymore

Never had a problem using firestick with NordVPN on VM.
Try taking a test line to rule out if it's your current provider or not.
If it's your provider that's the problem no amount of different boxes, vpns or messing around will solve the issue

What you need to think of is as Mike said the processing power of devices for 1 regular maintenance on your router make sure all safeguarding is turned off.

There can be a number of factors why streams buffer skip loop ect
1 could be everyone connecting to streams
2 supplier load balancing
3 source issues
4 provider restarting streams
5 try changing players if using providers own apps like vlc mxpro
I use 4k firestick connected to ethanet no problems.
Edison os mini via xtream editor for sly look
Buzz Vidstick just like a firestick (£70) worth it no problems easy setup uses its own app
Buzztv xrs4500 run off ethanet using same asbove
Amiko A6 box no issues with that apart from 1gig ram but dedicated for iptv and if you've 4 subs on your stick with all different apps that's going to slow performance down

tbf personally i think iptv has come a very long way since years ago some serious quality about but its not cheap these days its iver buy cheap sources that ur supplier will spend all day resetting n fixing or buy quality
its not all about just setting ur servers up n sources these days its a lot harder 2 keep going n pass quality

What gets me is end users will not take telling when they are told a vpn will stop blocking most of the time and just say its not down to them. Advise can be given and if they choose to ignore it then sorry but only ones self to blame.

PROVIDERS IN GENERAL ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR IPS BLOCKING,ITS LIKE TAKING A CAR FOR AN MOT WHICH PASSES AND A MONTH LATER YOU GET STOPPED FOR A BALLED TYRE.GOING BACK TO THE MOT STATION AND SAYING ITS THEIR FAULT.ITS YOUR PHONE LINE AND YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO TAKE SAFE GUARDS.SIMPLE EXAMPLE USING A NETFIX UK ACCOUNT AND TRY AND ACCESS USA ACCOUNT (NOT POSSIBLE)SWITCH ON VPN BINGO WORKS AND THIS IS THE SAME USING VPNS USING IPTV. NOT ALLWAYS THE FIX BUT MOST OF THE TIME IT WILL.NEARLY ALL ISP SUPPLIERS MONITOR DATA TRAFFIC SO SEND THEM TO RUSSIA OR NORTH KOREA INSTEAD OF THE UK :ROFLMAO:

HOPE IT HELPS

Last edited:
The firestick is invented as a device capable of streaming over WiFi, the obsession with wired connect as a "that'll solve your buffering issues" solution is nonsense - as a test, stream some fhd YouTube vids, if they stream OK then it's not your firestick/WiFi connection that's at fault.
I have not used one in ages. I think they are fine going by comments on here. I think if you only have download speeds of say 25 meg it would be a good idea to have a wired connection., just because it is more stable and you may have people using other devices in the house such as phones and tablets which could cause issues during peak times.

Any device where possible should be hard wired as its a direct connection and will stop any dropouts.If you have 2 or more users using wifi off the same router it can seriously affect the data speed

Back