IPTV via Android tv box

moe84

HI Guys, I am considering to buy 1 of this - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MX10-DDR4-4-32GB-4K-ANDROID-7-1-2-KODI-17-4-Quad-Core-Media-Player-WIFI-TV-BOX/263642772520?_trkparms=aid=555018&algo=PL.SIM&ao=2&asc=52344&meid=7ddc1379e2194c268c146930d225a8c3&pid=100011&rk=4&rkt=12&sd=192266141399&itm=263642772520&_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850 for my mom and configure it for her to enjoy IPTV.

I am new to this so can anyone provide a very thorough IPTV setup guide/link which I can follow and be able to add any IPTV providers connection to the box to enable iptv.

I do not know any technical side for this so if you dont mind providing a link where all the jusgeons are provided and also video instructions to setup.

If it was me and you want to keep it easy get yourself a Firestick it will do the same job.

Most if not all suppliers will or should assist with guides/documentation on how to setup an app with there service.

Mike

Agreed gents; Fire stick/TV works very well for IPTV, such apps like smart IPTV, IPTV smarters (but the providers paid version as the url will be hard encoded) or STB-EMU, this emulates a MAG box which has been designed for IPTV

Download STB EMU pro, there is a version on here somewhere, or you can get it from the playstore.

I have it here but I'm having trouble uploading it again so I'm checking with wheelo.

Then get in touch with a provider give them the MAC address that the above app gives you.

Then type in the URL that the provider gives you.

Job done.

It will act just like a MAG box. Google MAG box set up for videos.

Then download Terrerium No ads version, you can get it here

Put it on your android box and you will have all the films and box sets you need.

Last edited:
Download STB EMU pro, there is a version on here somewhere, or you can get it from the playstore.

I have it here but I'm having trouble uploading it again so I'm checking with wheelo.

Then get in touch with a provider give them the MAC address that the above app gives you.

Then type in the URL that the provider gives you.

Job done.

It will act just like a MAG box. Google MAG box set up for videos.

Then download Terrerium No ads version, you can get it here

Put it on your android box and you will have all the films and box sets you need.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for the answer... Will I get to record and play subtitles if I get an IPtv line from anyone here.

Can anyone suggest a good android box which allows recording and play subtitle.

Depends on the provider, some allow recording others don't.

The prices vary as the packages also vary.

If you request on here just list your requirements.

Such as VOD, 3pm footy, PPV Boxing, Recording etc

If you are needing recording function I would suggest going with a zgemma box.

Not all providers support recording but if you buy multiroom you can normally record.

Subtitles not heard of any that have this.

Mike

I think it may be better if you want to go down the android route to buy a formuler 27+ box£ 89.95 from wos.

Everyone has their own opinion and I respect that, but what is it with these z7+ boxes. I got one and 24hrs later sent it back, they are awful.

I have been through e2 boxes, zgemma H2s and F1, Android boxes, z7+, Minix, plus various other generic Android boxes, smart TV and laptop and the one device that runs IPTV best is my £30 FireStick.

I use mine for IPTV and then Terrarium for box sets and films. No need to spend £90+

Just got a 2nd gen FireStick and an ethernet adaptor and it runs everything without any problems. The one thing that makes a difference about IPTV is the provider and thanks to my rant and potential breakdown on another thread recently, I hope I am finally sorted.

Everyone has their own opinion and I respect that, but what is it with these z7+ boxes. I got one and 24hrs later sent it back, they are awful.

I have been through e2 boxes, zgemma H2s and F1, Android boxes, z7+, Minix, plus various other generic Android boxes, smart TV and laptop and the one device that runs IPTV best is my £30 FireStick.

I use mine for IPTV and then Terrarium for box sets and films. No need to spend £90+

Just got a 2nd gen FireStick and an ethernet adaptor and it runs everything without any problems. The one thing that makes a difference about IPTV is the provider and thanks to my rant and potential breakdown on another thread recently, I hope I am finally sorted.

like anything else it is down to personal choice, i personally could not get on with mag boxes and android is just to slow. I have my faithful zgemma i55 and i use my firestick now and again when when it is not in my VOD. However,those formuler boxes do have excellent reviews. LIke you said if your server is rubbish no box will work.

Will just Have to beg to differ.
I use a 322. Works well..
Z7+ a part from EPG issue . I think is a great bit of kit.. record facility is good.
No breaks or freezing. Unlike my
H.2s which in record mode froze constantly..

I have setup the zgemma boxes on iptv. Had freezing issues thought it was my supplier, Bought a TX3 Android box with 2gig ram and 16 gyg storage runs perfect on the stb emulator pro app on iptv no freezing. But on the free iptv player on the zgemma that loaded up movies faster than using showbox and terrarium tv on the android box. I think the issue with the zgemma is the memory, it just isnt enough to support streaming in full hd only has 512 meg. After a few tweaks on the display settings i got it streaming smoothly. Far easier to setup the androids no flashing of images needed. No plugins required all included in the stb app. So for me its either an android box or mag for iptv, cant comment on the firesticks never used them. But for watching the latest movies id go for the free iptv player plugin on a zgemma h2s, h2h, very fast, streams good too. Both zgemma boxes are the same spec e.g same cpu, memory only difference is h2s is a twin tuner for sly. The h2h is a combo box virmin and sky. But if your looking at running just iptv, the tuners are not required, all depends on the individual, and what is required.

Last edited:
i would honestly go with a pure android box rather than a firestick.

firesticks work fine but in the back of my mind i have concerns that branded devices may end up getting iptv apps blocked.

its happened to the nowtv box that could run plex.

its happening to the samsung tvs whos new firmware is removing iptv apps.

i have a feeling it will come at some point from amazon.

though i could be entirely wrong i know what devices ill be using in future :(y):

Totally agree with you, I take my firestick around the world and it never lets me down playing my iptv. Some people just want to have the best of everything

Back