Kryptview A780 not picking up transponders

ashp20

Hi

I have a A780 with a working Nline. Most all of the channels were coming up as no signal or scrambled, apart from one Sky sports channel. I did a tp and channel scan but to no avail. I then did a factory reset, but after that every time I go to scan it doesn't register the tp scan, only showing 8 tp and when I go to autoscan it shows as Manual scan?!!! scans 1 frequency and mostly says' failed.

I have tried to flash with an older (pre line) software and then flash back to current software, which all completes fine, but the problem remains.

I don't have a current bb or tv sub to vermin, but it was working OK. Any ideas of how to check the signal without box to check FTA channels? I don't want to buy a new box if the signal has been cut off.

TIA

after the factory reset are you choosing Telewest, NTL, C&W or Corus as provider?
if you choose Telewest, it'll pick up 56 TP

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I'm in an ex NTL area, but I did try all the other areas with the same result. I think somehow in the factory reset its corrupted the "OS".

Yes, I tried before the factory reset and put on the latest image that I could find on the internet Kryptview_A780_31102016.bin (which was on the box already) I don't know of or could find any newer images. Also after the factory reset, flashing an older image and then flashing the above back on (with no issues), the Nline details remained? so I think that the deeper? firmware/OS has been corrupted. Is there anyway to do a hard reset? so its set back to the original condition, other than factory reset?

TIA

Not sure, I've not used one for a year. there is an option in one of the menu's to check for online updates?
I don't think the o/s is corrupted, this looks like a connectivity issue
do you get any services from VM? - is the cable still connected in the cabinet?
have you tried a different splitter?

Yes I've checked and there is no sw update, even before I factory reset. No, definitely something to do with the software as its not going to the correct screen, i.e. when I ask for to autoscan it brings up manual scan, not the tp scan panel. Also it default to 6887 when I think it should 6952.

These boxes wont have anymore updates as the updates were only to open them up to allow freedom of choice,have you followed the old 780 tut when setting it up as it sounds like something may have changed in your area as they have in previous areas.Anyone in your area got a vm box with new info?
Box has a new tp you have not found yet as with all the upgrades things get moved and maybe reboot box and router and then follow the scan guide,if none try a new provider as your scanning the wrong one?

i know i am old ntl and scan on ntl but dont let it go to the end of the scan , i get 3tp that say glasgow then press up and down then it goes into one then press stop then scan on the one tp

i know i am old ntl and scan on ntl but dont let it go to the end of the scan , i get 3tp that say glasgow then press up and down then it goes into one then press stop then scan on the one tp

How do you know your ntl is that whats on your vm box?
Your problem is you cant wait let the full scan take place as you want all the tps.
select area close to you and scan,HANDS OFF REMOTE UNTIL ITS FINISHED
If your only getting a few channels i bet your area has changed just like the others did.
The all important netid has changed tp and your not picking it up.

This is the problem i have had in the past to this day, can't scan the box on any of the network. The box is online updated, it say's so, still no joy.
could a tk member in wilts Swindon inbox me please? I can do kv850A no problem.

Hi peeps - have trouble scanning the kv780, have all the necessary stuff connected properly, the problem is my town Swindon does not come up in the window after factory default like it use too. Have the net id from official vm box, could somebody tell me where it goes.

Many thanks in advance

Does your vm box give you a provider or frequency that can be added into scan details?
only 4 providers, when i select telewest/ network/ hit green for scan my town dose not show up. i can go in preference telewest move the curser to right can see 10 tp's 01 02 up to 10, do i need to add anything in there. checked my net id on web, it reads swindon 6 803000 6887 or swindon 6 579000 6887 what do i with these numbers? thanks for the reply btw!!!

What is the netid and frequency on the vm box that works?

Checking the netid page i see this new frequency meaning it was upgraded

netid 00006 frequency 643000 symbol_rate 6887 Swindon

on a manual scan enter the frequency and ntl and scan it should then start finding things and when done box possibly needs to do an autoscan which then sees your location to choose from to give you the bigger list.
http://www.techkings.org/threads/cable-netids.65862/

Last edited:
What is the netid and frequency on the vm box that works?
have a frequency for sony tv from phoenix a850 23500 256 6952 sony max 13000 164 6875, from offical vm box net id 6 803 000 6887 and 579 000 6887 but am try to scan for kv a780

Looks like another new one,if above dont work your manual frequency to scan looks like 803000 and ntl,try that.

It was on a list further down i see

Swindon 2, 00006 803000 6887

Last edited:
Anybody from wilts / Swindon can post how to scan kv a780 please, this is only due to some hindi channels not working, like sony tv sony max and few other's. thank you

Back