Leicester lockdown tightened

People in Leicester aint gona be left out when rest of the country is free to go to pubs later this week. They will find a way to do what ever they want.

Who knows Mr Boris seems to have all the answers it seems.

Lets wait and see how many more cities may go in to lockdown again.

The Gov know the virus will have a day off Saturday so the shopping bag alco's can get back in the habit of a 9am start. me?, cans football hot tub and to all those idiots so desperate to stand in a pub for the sake of it ?, grow the f**k up hey

I'm not sure if this isn't from the nudge unit's playbook.

We've had protestors, sunbathers and football fans all flouting distancing rules and painting the idea that the virus is no longer a serious public health issue.

The lockdown of Leicester reinforces that distancing is a key part of the government's strategy, whilst quelling a local outbreak

I'm two miles out of the zone! Leicester like everywhere else is full of people half taking notice of Corona virus and the other half doing what they like! I'm sure we won't be the only place to get lockdowns going forward with the present drive to get the country running! and the social distance rules of 2m if possible! Most people are more interested in when the hairdressers are open or when can I go to the pub! Perhaps the virus is getting weaker and mutating! It might be a Good idea to test less people and the infection rates will look better!

Lets hope it doesnt reach to that level.

But clearly China not doing enough at all with sales of wild animals.

More it goes on more potential viruses could originate from there.

There's at least 9,000 animal viruses that can spread to humans with the potential to cause a pandemic.
There was a viroligist/science type guy on TV a few weeks ago saying we should be examining them and creating vaccines against them now before they get into the human population because it's only a matter of time

I would really worry to even think of a virus that could be worse than the coronavirus.

If it ever came into human population it could be so severe that not just human life causalities would be unthinkable but world economies could be destroyed with no recovery.

ask yourself this,
have we found a cure for the common cold or Sars 18 years on ?. These are mutating far far quicker. Alot has to do with deforestation. We are moving into areas we have never ventured before and coming into contact with wildlife viruses we should in theory never meet.

One expert said , the answer lies within crocodiles and alligators , think about it

Just read that it's ok for the people in the lockdown zone they can drive a couple of miles out and go for a drink! then drive back home!
So when there shops are shut they know what to do?! You couldn't make it up? Perhaps you could!

Covid19 is likely to weaken over time.

Viruses do not 'want' to kill their host. They need the host to spread their genes.

Mutations that lead to severe symptoms that kill the host will not do as well as mutations that lean towards asymptomatic hosts that live.

Italian doctors have anecdotal evidence of this. Reporting that case that would have resulted in intubation at the start of the pandemic are producing milder outcomes. It maybe that covid 19 joins the other seasonal Corona viruses that comprise the common cold.

Sars is an example of a virus that was too severe to really spread.

I think the government and scientific/medical experts knew all along this would happen. Why tell someone you can do this from two weeks time, you know damn well people are going to do it straight away but then if the virus comes back those people can't blame the government, the protestors, liverpool fans, those who crowded the beach etc. not one of them can blame anyone else if they get hit with the virus. From the governments point of view it's causing a bit of herd immunity with out having to say that is what is happening because the uproar that would cause from certain groups of people who don't understand orn accept herd immunity.

As far as I am aware, local authorities can call the lockdown if and when they feel fit, they don't need to wait for the government, but the mayor of Leicester, Sir Peter Soulsby, was yesterday claiming there is no evidence that a lockdown in Leicester is required, before the government called it. sorry what couldn't he see that everyone else could?

I think the government and scientific/medical experts knew all along this would happen. Why tell someone you can do this from two weeks time, you know damn well people are going to do it straight away but then if the virus comes back those people can't blame the government, the protestors, liverpool fans, those who crowded the beach etc. not one of them can blame anyone else if they get hit with the virus. From the governments point of view it's causing a bit of herd immunity with out having to say that is what is happening because the uproar that would cause from certain groups of people who don't understand orn accept herd immunity.

As far as I am aware, local authorities can call the lockdown if and when they feel fit, they don't need to wait for the government, but the mayor of Leicester, Sir Peter Soulsby, was yesterday claiming there is no evidence that a lockdown in Leicester is required, before the government called it. sorry what couldn't he see that everyone else could?

The government didn't give him the figures until they announced it was putting the city back in lockdown

The government didn't give him the figures until they announced it was putting the city back in lockdown
Yea I heard that but I am suprised that local government don't communicate with local public health who would have an idea even if not exact figures

Back