Mag 250 Questions

Hi all,

Can the mag 250 record from a 7 day epg? So could you set it to record 6 days from now for example? Also can one line provide a feed to two boxes like sky? Thanks

Not many providers provide an epg. Also it depends how the server is set up as to whether you can record a channel. I had a sub a few years ago which did have an epg and also had the ability to record but only some channels. Also sometimes the channel name may stay the same but the stream is for a different channel so setting a programme to record may well get you a totally different programme.

If you are looking for a sat/cable/terrestrial replacement I think the technology is a few years off. Currently I have no epg on my mag. The server software can pull any xml to show the channel epg so it's easily done, just greedy server admins who can't be bothered improving their service for spending a few hours to find all the channel epgs.

Your mac address is linked to the server so you would need to pay twice for 2 boxes, you can't restream from the mag. Most people who sell access to the servers also sell m3u files of all the channels so if you haven't got another mag you could use kodi/plex/vlc etc.

Back