Mag replacement

food for thought fellas im swaying towards the cube at the minute though if currys have it in stock might just bite the bullet lol or has anyone had any horror storys with them

It's £59.99 at Argos and Amazon if Currys don't have it. No horror stories with the fire devices, very capable for iptv and a bargain price.

Good shout - check any cashback/employee benefits sites for any discounts, etc. All retailers will have the same device with accessories inc the ethernet adapter.

The cube comes with an ethanet adaptor you plug-in to box as far as I’m aware off Amazon this.
Fire TV Cube (2nd generation), Alexa Voice Remote (3rd generation), power adapter, Quick Start Guide, marketing guide, 2 AAA batteries, infrared (IR) extender cable, Amazon Ethernet adaptor (10/100). HDMI cable is sold separately.

is it possible to have mag box and cube on multiroom with providers
Nope as MAC address subs can’t have multiroom unless you have the option on a mag box to enter username password and url which most providers won’t give url out now days

Multiroom is usually more than one simultaneous connection.

You are referring to cloning the mac via stb emu which should allow you to do what you are trying to acheive.

is it possible to have mag box and cube on multiroom with providers
Only way is if your provider uses the app called IPTV editor to convert the line into http for your mag box regardless of Mac address then gives you the username and password for another app for your other room

tbh with you am not trying to scam him or anything you can add another box or what ever for extra 15 for 12 mths is that about right ive always had this 256 but ive just got a cube so was hopeing it can be done

this past 12 mths ive got 4k tv and ive got my internet at a decent speed so the logical thing then was a 4k box for iptv and vod that my provider gives so i was just hopeing that it was possible to be done for extra 15 quid as ive only just renewed my subs with him

You are referring to cloning the mac via stb emu which should allow you to do what you are trying to acheive.
When you get the cube:
  • Plug it in, connect it up and make sure its all up to date.
  • On the amazon home screen use the find option and search for an app called 'Downloader'. Download it, install it and open it.
  • On google find a link for stb emu pro - so google 'downloader stb emu'
  • Type the url into the downloader app and it will install the stb emu pro app
  • configure the app by entering your portal url
  • in the stb configuration settings of the app - press ok on the mac code and change it to the same one as your mag mac code
As long as you use the mag or the cube at any one time - you should be ok. The stb emu app lets you emulate the mag box. so the interface, etc will be the same as the mag. Use the search function on the forum to figure out how to configure the buttons if need be.

another confussing thing ive just got the cube out of the box and it says its 2nd generation cube but 3rd generation remote is that right or surely they both should be 3rd generation i have not got a clue with fire cube or anything fire from amazon has ive always had mag box thanks any ideas fellas

Only way is if your provider uses the app called IPTV editor to convert the line into http for your mag box regardless of Mac address then gives you the username and password for another app for your other room
you can also go the other way if you have m3u details you can add m3u file to usb device and magbox will load it in.

Back