MISSING S*Y CHANNELS - LOOK HERE!!!

thats an old story posted in here ages ago
its just a way for getting service to more people who are not aloud dishes on there house, flats or where
all you need is internet

Not be long to we have the dish throwing contest at the olympics.....ive started training for it already....im dish free :grin:

there you go satspain thanks for that bit info there looks line ugly dish on house be thing of past soon

Before they even think about doing this, they're gonna need to look at improving their Internet speeds as i've been to some houses that are lucky to get 3-4 meg and this isn't really enough for streaming HD/4K video.

Does anybody have infomation in regards to sly option for sky channels? Was told on another thread I started that this is a reliable option?

This was posted on a thread I had do you know what these options are?

Uncle Rupert or uncle Branson have a very good solution, just too expensive??

This was posted on a thread I had do you know what these options are?

Uncle Rupert or uncle Branson have a very good solution, just too expensive??

Yes, as i've already told you, this option is to ring S*y and purchase a genuine subscription.

Reliable and IPTV don't belong in the same sentence. I have used IPTV from a few different providers over the last 12 months and whilst some have been better than others, it hasn't been a good enough alternative for every day viewing. You'll find that most people saying they have a good, reliable provider are either server owners or resellers trying to flog their services on the sly.

Before they even think about doing this, they're gonna need to look at improving their Internet speeds as i've been to some houses that are lucky to get 3-4 meg and this isn't really enough for streaming HD/4K video.
Exactly.

And then double it to be able to stream two different channels at once to even get to the 'internet' equivalent of an old Sky+ box.

So this would then force you into taking out a fibre package even if you don't want it at more than likely a higher cost.

But if you don't have the required bandwidth it won't work so what's the alternative. If it's just to do one channel and only record free view channels then normal broadband will suffice now tv does 720p on its live channels and that works on a fairly modest connection.

So this would then force you into taking out a fibre package even if you don't want it at more than likely a higher cost.
I wouldn't think of it like that. You can benefit greatly from upgrading to fibre, IPTV or not. I would never go back to slow ADSL. IPTV is a bonus. Although from what I have seen the service is unreliable, and full of poor low bitrate streams, no HD!

With regard to RTE, getting Saorview now seems like a good idea if its non watchable on satellite. I know its on satellite too but you need a strange system to get that don't you and is it compatible with an ordinary dish and LNB on a rotor??

i bought a walker saorview pvr and an indoor aerial as i new what was coming over 18months ago for front room and a combo for bedroom with 2 tb powered hdd.

usb tuners can also be used for saorview.

I wouldn't think of it like that. You can benefit greatly from upgrading to fibre, IPTV or not. I would never go back to slow ADSL. IPTV is a bonus. Although from what I have seen the service is unreliable, and full of poor low bitrate streams, no HD!

With regard to RTE, getting Saorview now seems like a good idea if its non watchable on satellite. I know its on satellite too but you need a strange system to get that don't you and is it compatible with an ordinary dish and LNB on a rotor??

I suppose it depends how much you use it - personally, I couldn't do with the slow speeds and i'm lucky enough to be in a cable area and get 200+ mb but my brother is with S*y for his broadband and he only gets about 4mb speeds but he only uses it for connecting his mobile phone / tablet to and the fibre doesn't really interest him - especially if it's at a cost increase.

It was good while it lasted

It was... I feel sorry for the people that have only just got their boxes though in the last couple of months who haven't really had their monies worth so to speak. I got my first box in Sep 2015 so even I was relatively late but still managed around 18 months out of it and saved several hundreds of pounds in that time.

Back