Motorised dish setup problem no signals

Why spend all this time getting your system correct when you will eventually have to Replace Your L bracket One bad storm and
You'll be back k to square one

Why spend all this time getting your system correct when you will eventually have to Replace Your L bracket One bad storm and
You'll be back k to square one

Well I want to see if the problem is the bracket or not, but I will definitely change the bracket to L bracket after Christmas as I'm not happy with the bracket I got as it is no good.

When you fit your new wall bracket
You might find that the wall your are
Fitting the bracket to is not level
When you have the digital level on the side
Of the bracket and it is 90°
Then put it on the front of the bracket
If it is not 90° Then drill a hole just below
The middle of the wall plate at the button
Fit a plug and coach screw with a washer
To build the plate out level You might have to fit washer either side This should make
Your l bracket 90° all round

You also asked about your declination angle
Which is 7.4 This angle is used to work out
Your dish elevation It is 30° which is the angle that the motor arm sets at - 7.4 = 22.6 To set it with your satellite dish
Get a long piece of thin metal Set it from
Top of your satellite dish to the bottom and
Touching the satellite arm Then using your
Inclinometer tilt the dish until it reads 7.4
This should keep the angles all correct

Hi all, I'm sorry about this goes on but today I have replaced the wall mount to L shape mount. I have improved 5% of signals but not much. I'm getting 60% snr for aljazeera English and 55% snr for gospel channel. How I can improve the signals?

I have adjusted on the dish elevation and tweaked on the LNB as it have improved the signals only a little bit but not much.

Here is the pics:

IMG-20210215-163908.jpg

IMG-20210215-153322.jpg

IMG-20210215-153340.jpg

IMG-20210215-151339.jpg

When I installed a new wall mount, I have used the spirit level as it is 100% vertical where you can see in the pics. I have checked on the top and on the side of the plate, it is 100% vertical.

Now I need to improve the signals. Do I have to adjust the motor elevation to improve the signals or what?

I need to get at least 10% more to improve the signals for al jazeera English to get 70% and 65% for gospel channel so all channels will work. I think I'm nearly there but there is something is missing to get it done correctly.

The bricks run down the wall might not be level You might have to build the bracket out
At the bottom

Attachments

• 20210108_163222.jpg
    20210108_163222.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
Yes ever so slightly
OK I will do that.

Btw someone have told me on the other forum this evening that I have set up incorrect settings when I setup the rig on dead straight (remember with 3 dots) with motor set to 0 then I moved the whole rig to 0.8west with motor set to 0. He said that it should be 2-3 degree. Have I done it wrong?

Do the motor need to be on 0 when I move the rig on dead straight like 12 o clock and do the motor need to be 2-3 gree when I move the rig to 0.8west?

If so how I can adjust the motor settings to 2-3 degree?

If not, do the motor need to be on dead straight with set to 0 as the dish should be 2-3 degree?

Or do I need to move the whole rig to 0.8west with the motor set to 0 that the motor is not on dead straight?

I think I have setup incorrect as the motor is not on dead straight when I moved the whole rig to 0.8west with the motor set to 0. I guess the motor need to be on dead straight as the motor set to zero and I think I need to undo the nuts on the brackets that holds on the motor arm to move the dish to 0.8west.

Please let me know which one of them is correct.

Try a different spirit level.
That one looks a bit ropey to me.
Test the level by using a plumb line on a wall.
Attach a piece of cotton or fishing line to a weight like a fishing lead or a spark plug etc.
Go up a ladder and hold the string to the brickwork and allow it to settle so it's still.
Use a pencil and make a mark top and bottom on the brick.

Remove the string etc and draw a line connecting the two pencil marks using a long straight edge.
Test the level against that line

You could by digital leveler
Your bracket needs to be 0.1 level
Any more you will have isues
You can move the satellite motor satellite dish in line with 0.8 west as a reference
Then move Then move the satellite motor satellite dish a few degrees to the left Then
Send the satellite dish to 0.8west and make
Adjustments to peak the signal

Set up your settings in this calculator site
At the bottom it will show a diagram
Of 0.8 west in relation to 180° true South

s://satlex.de/en/azel_calc.html

Dont get too hung up on all the advice you are getting. You are using a technomate motor 2600 that comes with instructions and that motor has been quite popular. So all you do is read the manual and follow the guidelines. Its really as simple as that. The tricky part is getting everything matched up ie 100% level. So to recap.

1. Use elevation for dish and motor as per the manual. NB this is the IMPORTANT BIT.

2. Have motor at 0, using the manual button on the motor or using the receiver and remote by telling it to go to 0.

3. Now have a good look at the rig and for due south its the sun at 12 o clock but if the rig is dead straight it does not matter which direction it is pointing.

4. In stead of using 0.8w to peak signals, use 16east as that is the sat you want, with usals you can use any sat to set rig up.

5. Select channel on 16 east and then do as instructed.

The above is the correct way, all other instructions, hints, tips, etc are only guides.

Set up your settings in this calculator site
At the bottom it will show a diagram
Of 0.8 west in relation to 180° true South

s://satlex.de/en/azel_calc.html
This is not the answer I have asked for. I am talking about setup the rig as on dead straight not calculated on the dish and motor angle.

Back