Motorised dish setup problem no signals

kegnkiwi now that is a proper l bracket , do they still make then that strong? and it is sheltered and a very good dish. I think we have a major problem here as it would appear the dish worked fine initially and the range is 5west to 42 east. I think all the adjustments have been done via usals and dish and motor have been untouched. The installer said 22.6 for dish and 51 for motor and that is correct but the pics of dish and motor don't back this up or angle of camera is wrong.

We need to know how signal was lost because if that can be rectified then all is good. I never used a technomate motor so dug out a pic that shows how the indicator for latitude works. here it is and a pic of OP that looks at that angle as on 38 not 39,

We need to know.

IMG_7842.PNG102175ba-9a7d-4e3a-a1cb-b50e895db051.JPG

Its becoming clearer and its a long story,
There are loads of other postings

"Thank you for your help. I have changed the longitude and longitude so everything is working perfect now.
I can get all channels I want with no effect when I rotating the motor
:)
"

After this Chris started looking for other sats and started to mess with usals but the terminology used was utterly confusing. The sat meter is the installer, the dish elevation is the use of usals lat and long. It goes on and on like this thread .
Now chris wants to use the wrong ladder to get at dish and motor, take it down replace wall bracket put it back up and still get the same sats!! The box is an octagion sf4008, with openatv image and the signal strength with openatv shows less than openvix. If he had openvix from the beginning he would have been well happy and if he had a proper installer it would have been even better.

So chris put back in the correct co-ordinates, change dish to 22.6 and motor to 39. Send motor to 0 then select gospel channel and you will get about 75% which is about 94% on a vix image. I cant post anymore as my head hurts.

Last edited:
My dish is located above a ground floor extension which I can access via a fire window if needes or I can swing the dish to 45w and access via a ladder. It's located on a South wall and is shielded. I have one of those technolate motors spare the 2600. I'm located in the north at 53 north so I set my motor at 53 as shown on the photos

Attachments

• IMG_20201219_185910.jpg
    IMG_20201219_185910.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20201219_185858.jpg
    IMG_20201219_185858.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 16
can you do a pic of the 2600 with latitude at 39 with the marker clear to help chris. I am a long way from you. I have a supreme dark motor with 110cm triax, a vu+duo2, black ultra. openvix 5.4, short cable run, in a bungalow with a cut out for the dishes. I kid you not. Been up since 2006 not moved but its on t&k's. I only need 42east to 30w. roof stops east

The settings for chris are defenitely wrong but he is on the wrong track.

Here is the motor with a latitude of 39, my latitude is 53 and that's a big difference if Chris is in the UK?

Attachments

• IMG_20201219_201420.jpg
    IMG_20201219_201420.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 21
oops watching footie I meant elevation!! Sorry and thanks. I like the blue marks as well can you do elevation please?

no worries, he also sent me a pic via PM and its not 100% clear but it looks as if the pole is not flush against the back plate can you do a pic of the back of mounting plate as well. I found this on google. One next is Chris zoomed in on pc.IMG_7847.JPG

s-l300.jpg

0147, you have enough information now to move home and set up from scratch, you should look carefully at the pics above, all of them and then go outside and compare. You have to learn all the terminology as well and accept you cant access a dish with a mickey mouse ladder. So take some pics of the exact position of the arrow on dish, the eaxct position of that little pointer on the motor, Look at pic above on left and see the groove, the pole on the wall bracket should be aligned in that groove, post a detailed pic to show it is. Finally, send dish to 0 and then go to 0.8west and read off gospel channel and al jazeera. NB use correct co-ordinates.

Alright guys, today I have adjusted on my dish elevation and motor elevation on 0.8west so it looks like they both are in the correct settings.

Dish elevation:

IMG-20201222-141438.jpg

Motor elevation:

IMG-20201222-141504.jpg

Are they both in the correct settings?

I can get most channels working from 46east to 0.8west, but some channels on 0.8west have no signals e.g 6'eren HD, arena sport 1 hd, c more channels, canal 9 HD, digi sport 1 hd, digi sport 1 hd hu, digi sport 1 hd ro, digi sport 2 hd hu, digi sport 2 hd ro, digi sport 2 hd.

I had these worked before I did the adjustments so now I have no signals for these channels.

gospel channel: 11357 H 49%
Al jazeera english: 12418 V 47%

I think I'm nearly there so how I can improve the signals?

I have tried to move the LNB to the left and right but it didn't do anything to improve the signals. I have tried to move the dish to the east and west by using on positioner setup but same again it won't do anything to improve the signals. If I try to move the dish, i will lose the signals so I didn't touch it.

Here is the position for the lnb:

IMG-20201222-141640.jpg

I'm not sure what to do how to improve the signals so I'm asking you for some advice.

I have done the manual scan for 16east to track the arc for sport klub but it is won't show up in the manual list. Do you know where I can download the channels list for 16east?

@chris0147 , I see no mention of bracket thought yours was not 100% vertical and you were going to change it. If your bracket is not 100% vertican you are just wasting your time.

The dish looks as if its at 22.5 as each division is 2,5, the motor does not look spot on for 39, thats why I say below adjust both.

Good pics but lnb should be side on so I can see in collar. This is mine on a triax dish with an octo lnb. I moved it in and out to get optimum signal. Make sure your lnb is dead straight ie no twist.

While on gospel channel did you move whole rig both ways and see if signal improves?
What you should do next is while on 0.8 and the gospel channel, adjust the motor elevation and see if signal increases. Do same for al jazeera. When you get a better signal now try adjusting dish elevation. The lnb is a sticking point as you say you had channels before so that could mean focal length is OK. When you say you moved lnb left and right was that the whole rig?

You have not posted a pic of the pole against back of motor!!

Tomorrow try to push motor up that stub and make it 100% vertical. Lay a spirit level on top of bracket sticking out from wall and see if its 100% level.

Finally try tweaking, usals while on 16 east and see if signal improves add 1 degree for west sats, take away 1 degree for east, just fiddle. ie try a few settings.

As you are using a motorised set up you cant download a channel list for one satellite. Which reminds me what channel listing are you using? Did you try Vhannibal motor one@

There are 2 more motor settings in that openatv image, MALIMALI and MORPH883. When you downlaod a new channel setting it overwrites the existing.

Mark the motor on the pole and then you can move it east or west by hand and if no improvement you can move it back. this is bike wrench.lnbskewIMG_6736.PNG$_3.jpg

Last edited:
The dish looks as if its at 22.5 as each division is 2,5, the motor does not look spot on for 39, thats why I say below adjust both.

Good pics but lnb should be side on so I can see in collar. This is mine on a triax dish with an octo lnb. I moved it in and out to get optimum signal. Make sure your lnb is dead straight ie no twist.

While on gospel channel did you move whole rig both ways and see if signal improves?
What you should do next is while on 0.8 and the gospel channel, adjust the motor elevation and see if signal increases. Do same for al jazeera. When you get a better signal now try adjusting dish elevation. The lnb is a sticking point as you say you had channels before so that could mean focal length is OK. When you say you moved lnb left and right was that the whole rig?

You have not posted a pic of the pole against back of motor!!

Tomorrow try to push motor up that stub and make it 100% vertical. Lay a spirit level on top of bracket sticking out from wall and see if its 100% level.

Finally try tweaking, usals while on 16 east and see if signal improves add 1 degree for west sats, take away 1 degree for east, just fiddle. ie try a few settings.

As you are using a motorised set up you cant download a channel list for one satellite. Which reminds me what channel listing are you using? Did you try Vhannibal motor one@

There are 2 more motor settings in that openatv image, MALIMALI and MORPH883. When you downlaod a new channel setting it overwrites the existing.

Mark the motor on the pole and then you can move it east or west by hand and if no improvement you can move it back. this is bike wrench.View attachment 57047View attachment 57049
Is my motor elevation is 39 now?

I have adjusted my dish elevation in the correct settings as I have got nearly everything working but I still have no signals for 16east and some on 0.8west so i need to fix it.

Do you want me to the the pics of the LNB on the side in much closer?

I don't know what the rig as I've asked you to show me the pics of where the rig is as I don't know what the rig is but you haven't show me the pics where the rig is. I have move the motor bracket that hold on the stub as I have move in both ways, I had no signals so I have move it back then I got the signals. I can't move to the left or right so I have to leave where it is now.

Do I have to adjust the motor elevation like 38, 37 or higher like 40, 41..etc?

As you can see in the last photo my sat installer adjusted the motor elevation to 38 as you can see why he haven't done it wrong. When I get better signals do I have to adjust dish elevation lower or higher?

I tried to adjust my dish elevation higher but I had no signals so I have to put it back and got it working again. I can't go higher so I will have to go lower.

No I have just move the LNB to the left and right but it have make no different. I need you to show me in the pic where the rig is as I don't what the rig so I will do that when you draw me the pics of the arrow where the rig is.

Sorry I have forgot to take a pic at the back of the stub to the dish so I will do that tomorrow if it don't rains.

I will push the stub up to try to get it 100% vertical, but if it is not 100% I will change to L shaped after Christmas.

As for tweaking on usals, do you mean I have to change from 1.33east to 0.33 west?

But he had quite a few channels initially and I cant figure what went wrong, waiting for a pic of the motor on pole.

Back