music streaming query

cactikid

VIP Member
Query setting up new pc and sound blaster x3 i do the speaker test and sounds from all speakers + sub yet if i go to play from You tube i only get source from front 3 speakers and sub and only a hiss on rear speakers :mask: :mask: :mask: :coldsweat:.
Plugged into old pc and its the same and not noticed it before:X3::X3:. Spotify has sound from all speakers +playing a cd has all speakers working also.

I like the better quality of You Tube music of 4K:fearscream::fearscream: but miss the added rear umph.
I take it that it cant be adjusted for using rear speakers?

Query setting up new pc and sound blaster x3 i do the speaker test and sounds from all speakers + sub yet if i go to play from You tube i only get source from front 3 speakers and sub and only a hiss on rear speakers :mask: :mask: :mask: :coldsweat:.
Plugged into old pc and its the same and not noticed it before:X3::X3:. Spotify has sound from all speakers +playing a cd has all speakers working also.

I like the better quality of You Tube music of 4K:fearscream::fearscream: but miss the added rear umph.
I take it that it cant be adjusted for using rear speakers?

It would appear to me the YouTube content your listening to isn't in surround 5.1 format, unlike your CD & spotify content
If you search within YouTube, say fo " 5.1 test dolby surround", there will be test video for you to test, so as to verify this with your system.

I don't know much about it, but I have heard of 'simulated surround' where the stereo signal is modified to give surround,
there may be software solutions for this.

Yes gone through those test videos as rear sound is coming out of front speakers also.:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Got chatting to a M8 and he says possibly only stereo and not 5.1:cry::cry::cry:

Surround sound is designed to provide a sound-field in front of you, to your sides, and behind you. It can also recreate a sound above you. ... Very little music is recorded in surround sound. Typically, a surround sound system uses five speakers and a subwoofer, and when the room is long, seven speakers and a subwoofer.

Last edited:
just a thought
does your soundcard have a manufacturer driver,? a bit like nVidia graphics cards,,,,
there may be a setting in there to adjust F-R fade

Back