My radiators get hot when I run the hot water taps ? is that right or something wrong ?

can you post a pic of the pipes coming out of your boiler until they disappear.?
what make of boiler also please.

can you post a pic of the pipes coming out of your boiler until they disappear.?
what make of boiler also please.

I'm just wondering if your wanting a photo to see the pressure gauge @steptoe ?

If so then I can tell you that the pressure is at about 1 BAR when heating & hot water aren't in use, and it goes up to about 1.5 BAR when it is in use, don't know if thats what you were after though mate ?

Is that totally different from whats on that youtube video in page one post number 2 ? :unsure:

@steptoe wanted a photo of the pipes coming out of the boiler, to see if there's a valve involved.
There shouldn't be any valves like this on a recently fitted boiler in a new(ish) house, its cold water in, hot water out, gas in, central heating in and out (flow and return).
Five copper pipes, no need for external valves etc.
I may be clutching at straws here but it looks like you are showering/bathing in water that has been though your central heating system before it gets to shower/bath.
The boiler can only do one thing at a time - heat water - if your radiators get hot when running a bath, well, it's self explanatory from here.
On a normal system, if the boiler is heating the radiators and then you run a bath, the boiler stops heating the radiators and heats the bath water, then while you are playing with your rubber duck and making smelly bubbles, the radiators carry on getting warm, impossible for it to do both at the same time....how is it heating the radiators without the water running though?

@steptoe wanted a photo of the pipes coming out of the boiler, to see if there's a valve involved.
There shouldn't be any valves like this on a recently fitted boiler in a new(ish) house, its cold water in, hot water out, gas in, central heating in and out (flow and return).
Five copper pipes, no need for external valves etc.
I may be clutching at straws here but it looks like you are showering/bathing in water that has been though your central heating system before it gets to shower/bath.
The boiler can only do one thing at a time - heat water - if your radiators get hot when running a bath, well, it's self explanatory from here.
On a normal system, if the boiler is heating the radiators and then you run a bath, the boiler stops heating the radiators and heats the bath water, then while you are playing with your rubber duck and making smelly bubbles, the radiators carry on getting warm, impossible for it to do both at the same time....how is it heating the radiators without the water running though?

I have no idea mate, it's just like I explained in the first post and so on etc.:unsure:

Back