My radiators get hot when I run the hot water taps ? is that right or something wrong ?

it was but no problem, I have seen toilet cisterns connected up to boilers before now so nothing surprises me any more, hot water flushing Douglas Hurds away, seriously, so the fact someone has connected the bath to flow and return is par for the course

Is it all the rads or just one,?
Either way, it's wrong,
As @pabloescaban said, it's two separate circuits, the rads are a closed loop, the hot water is cold mains in, through the heat exchanger, hot water out.
No valves should be in use in a single zone house with one thermostat.

Yes it's totally different,the three way valve is inside the combi boiler (y)

They work slightly different, it's a diverter valve that's inside the boiler, and the diaphragm can sometimes go in them, repair kit is about a tenner,
Although usually what happens when it fails is you need to put heating on to get hot water.
But, I suppose the other way round is a possibility.

UPDATE:> they are going to fit a brand new combi boiler tomorrow, it's not the same model but it's kind of just like for like similar spec etc but a different make, it's the make called Worcester Combi boiler, (are they made by the company called Bosch I wonder ?).

Anyways, its just the new combi boiler thats getting fitted, does anyone know roughly how much time in reality (not the fake made up times the installers/contractors say it will take), does anyone know or have a rough Idea of how long in reality it takes to remove the old combi boiler and install the new one in total ?

p.s, are those Worcester combi's any good ? excellent, average or poor would you say, in quality I mean ?

Cant see it taking longer than four hours,.im not a plumber and i did mine a few months ago in about 5 hours.
WB are decent quality boilers

Cant see it taking longer than four hours,.im not a plumber and i did mine a few months ago in about 5 hours.
WB are decent quality boilers

wow, sounds great, I thouht it might have been a full day or even maybe take 2 days but 4hrs sounds brilliant :)

I
wow, sounds great, I thouht it might have been a full day or even maybe take 2 days but 4hrs sounds brilliant :)
Cant guarantee theyll do it so quick but they should do, unless they do a powerflush etc, which they probably wont, even if they do, it will be done in the day

oh well, took the guys about 6 hrs to do which is fine, but now i have a poxy battery operated thermostat on the wall ( ithink ) somethings bettery operated, model is Worcester MT10RF , seems like a piece of junk so far, do they even sell that model nowdays man, i canny believe that this is the replacement junk man :( unless of course someone says they are excellent, I have no idea, but not impressed so far

oh well, took the guys about 6 hrs to do which is fine, but now i have a poxy battery operated thermostat on the wall ( ithink ) somethings bettery operated, model is Worcester MT10RF , seems like a piece of junk so far, do they even sell that model nowdays man, i canny believe that this is the replacement junk man :( unless of course someone says they are excellent, I have no idea, but not impressed so far

whats the approx price of that model if buying it or is it that old that its dicontinued i wonder ? anyone know ?

Worcester Bosch , top notch boiler,
Don't worry about a battery stat, batteries last at least a year, and if they run out at an inconvenient time there will be an over ride on the receiver at the boiler. What is the actual stat you have,?

My radiators get hot when I run the hot water taps even though I don't have the heating switched on ? is that right or is something wrong ?

I have a Gas Combi Boiler for my heating and hot water, approx 10 years old.

Any radiators that are left in the on position at their thermostat valve controls ( they are usually left turned up full for when I do switch the heating on), the radiators get hot when I run the hot water taps in the house without the heating being switched on as I stated, I have noticed this for a long time and thought it was normal but as summer approaches again I would rather not be cooked in the house every time I need to wash or take a bath etc, the only way I can get this to stop happening when I run hot water is to manually go around the whole house and turn all the thermostat control valves off on each radiator which as you can imagine is a total pain in the neck.

Can anyone in the know about these things please let me know what they think thanks guys ?
did you get your combi fixed ,if not give me the make and model and I might be able to get some info for you

Batteries in my stat have been in about 18 months now and still going and as steptoe mentioned theres an overide on the receiver etc on mine its a small button with a flame signal at the side.

the exact model of boiler is a worcester greenstar 30i erp

but the fcker doesnt have any control panel to switch the heating on and off that i can see on the boiler, looks like a big blank space where the programmer should be which is really annoyoying.

even the old one that it replaced was better than this shet man as things stand just now, yes the boiler works fine but if i want my heating switched on I need to go into my hallway and turn up the thermostat wall control to like 21c so that the radiators come on, then if I want the heating/radiators off I have to go back into the hallway and turn the dial down to zero, i just feel thats not right man :rage:

is there any way at all i can do the same thing switching the heating on and off from the main boiler ? I have looked but cant figure it out, its doing my nut in man

the installer said thats just how it is and he also added that it cant be run from a phone app or anything like that either which is fine as i dont have a mobile fone but the mrs does, but even she hates the whole thing and is also very confused with it all :rage:

the exact model of boiler is a worcester greenstar 30i erp

but the fcker doesnt have any control panel to switch the heating on and off that i can see on the boiler, looks like a big blank space where the programmer should be which is really annoyoying.

even the old one that it replaced was better than this shet man as things stand just now, yes the boiler works fine but if i want my heating switched on I need to go into my hallway and turn up the thermostat wall control to like 21c so that the radiators come on, then if I want the heating/radiators off I have to go back into the hallway and turn the dial down to zero, i just feel thats not right man :rage:

is there any way at all i can do the same thing switching the heating on and off from the main boiler ? I have looked but cant figure it out, its doing my nut in man

the installer said thats just how it is and he also added that it cant be run from a phone app or anything like that either which is fine as i dont have a mobile fone but the mrs does, but even she hates the whole thing and is also very confused with it all :rage:
That sounds about normal, you turn your stat up for heating, down for no heat, whats the problem,?

Back