new cable box upgrade

thanks southsimon, yeah i like the ability to install the HDD internally to keep thigs nice & tidy also feeing up the external usb slots for use

i ordered the mutant HD51 4K with twin cable tuners , just need to see what cable is required to do the loop through from tuner A to tuner B as this would negate the need to use a splitter ;))

box arrives tomorrow , happy days

thanks to all on this thread for your input , it's very much appreciated ;))

First time I bought the edision os mega, then the wife said I could not screw a dish to her new house. The top has been rendered. It did not help it came with free cable for 3 months.

So I bought a quad tuner et8500 like I said I took the view there is wont be much on the 4K for us to watch of it anyway plus it was on offer

good choice , i see the attraction of the quad tuner for recording flexibility, but for me it wasn't a biggy ;))
i did also look at that as you can also insert the hard drive out of sight ;)

If it was me i'd think i'd probably have gone with the vu+ uno 4k. Not much in it between the 2 boxes though. Enjoy your new box.

it was a toss up between that and the mutant , i preferred the mutant in that i can fit the hard drive internally

there are a number of 4k or oscam threads posted as many users bought these excellent boxes,does kodi not do 4k stuff/content?

From what I've read there isn't enough around to worry about 4k right now, but makes sense to future proof if possible.

I can certainly vouch for the VU+ Solo SE V2, I've got a 1tb HDD and I can't find a single fault of the box. Literally 100x better than my previous sly receiver...

Back