New dish setup

Drox

TK Veteran
Apologies if this has already been asked

I've had a look at few of the posts on here, but I'm not fully understanding it yet

I'm looking to get install a new dish, mainly to get 19.2e from Germany and Spain. What size dish would I need to get them in the midlands? And also, If I wanted to get Turkish channels, what size dish would be recommended for that?

Thanks in advance

I have a 110cm dish and I get those sats and many more with good signals, I am in N-Ireland, but I cant see why you would have any bother getting the same in the midlands. You will not however get those sats that you want without a motor, it would have to be just one of them.

What sat are the Turkish channels on that you want to receive,?
I can't get a 15degree arc on a fixed 65cm in the NW
From 13e - 28e

I have a 110cm dish and I get those sats and many more with good signals, I am in N-Ireland, but I cant see why you would have any bother getting the same in the midlands. You will not however get those sats that you want without a motor, it would have to be just one of them.

Thank you

Last edited:
If I just went with the one satellite range for the moment, would 42e be the best option from football with english commentary or does 19.2 offer up anything good too?

Thanks

i am in the south and am getting 13,19,28 on a 80cm dish, i think u will be fine getting 19 and 28.2 on a 65cm dish. I think if you are looking at 19.2 only u could even do it on a smaller dish. What i found that what people could get on here, local installers did not wanna take the job without a bigger dish, so you best bet would be to call a few local satellite installers and get their view.

i am in the south and am getting 13,19,28 on a 80cm dish, i think u will be fine getting 19 and 28.2 on a 65cm dish. I think if you are looking at 19.2 only u could even do it on a smaller dish. What i found that what people could get on here, local installers did not wanna take the job without a bigger dish, so you best bet would be to call a few local satellite installers and get their view.

Thanks, I did ask around before a few years back. And I remember one was quoting around 200 just for a standard 1m dish. But I've got a single storey extension, where the current sky dish is, so I'm looking to do a DIY job and put it next to there.

19.2E Ku band Astra 1K /1L 1M 1N
This is high responsive Transponder
From your location you could recieve good
S.n.r with 65cm satellite dish
42east Turksat not as responsive a transponder From your location 100cn
To 110 cm satellite dish to recieve good s.n.r allowing for rain margin etc
If you decide to set up multisat system
With the larger satellite dish you can add
More l.n.bs to recieve different transponders across the ark You don't want to install a
Smaller satellite dish Then have to change
To larger satellite dish 6months later

It's more time consuming
No matter if you install motorisied satellite system or multisat system Its selecting
The correct brackets Having them positioned at 90°Have both systems installed at home multisat system for 13 19 28 combined with 4×1 switches Motorised satellite system 1.1traix satellite dish tacnomate motor Just in the process of taking the motorisied satellite system down
Going to set up another multisat system
With 6 l.n.bs

Would a motorised dish be easier to set up in terms of alignment etc?
Plenty good easy to follow guides for installation of motorised dish and will give you more options, however best check what satellites you can receive first from your location by going to dishpointer website.

Don't always take dishpointer as Gospel
Best to use Google earth if you decide to
Set up motorisied satellite dish

If there are 2 boxes running with a motorised dish, which box takes charge of moving the dish? For assumption let’s say it’s a twin or quad output lnb supplying 2 different boxes.

Back