personal choice really,
motorised is more sats
fixed means more flexibility on a smaller number of sats

motorised all tuners are on one sat
multi LNB fixed means each tuner can be on a different sat
personal choice really,
motorised is more sats
fixed means more flexibility on a smaller number of sats
Thanks but does motorised work well when watching on 2 boxes. (I know that at one time you can only watch one satellite). By concern is controlling the movement of dish with two boxes connected.

Thanks but does motorised work well when watching on 2 boxes. (I know that at one time you can only watch one satellite). By concern is controlling the movement of dish with two boxes connected.
only one box can move the dish,
the second box will be straight to LNB
unless you use one box on fallback, it may be possible that way

only one box can move the dish,
the second box will be straight to LNB
unless you use one box on fallback, it may be possible that way
Thanks, I found a installer company which is in neighbouring town. They do multi sat, motorised and toroidal dish installation and the prices are not bad compared to other installers. Now that I have so many options, I am confused

Last edited:
Thanks, I found a installer company which is in neighbouring town. They do multi sat, motorised and coroidal dish installation and the prices are not bad compared to other installers. Now that I have so many options, I am confused
What’s coroidal?

As long as both receivers are not in use at the same time, you can use a priorty switch, i've used this on a motorized dish for years.

Thanks but what if my lnb is twin output so each box has its own connection, do I still need this priority switch?
Only 1 cable can go to the motor to move the dish, 2nd output on a twin lnb can go to another receiver but it won't have control of the dish.

Only 1 cable can go to the motor to move the dish, 2nd output on a twin lnb can go to another receiver but it won't have control of the dish.
That’s that’s I was thinking. Main box cable go through the motor. Second box cable go directly to lnb.

Back