New firestick OS

What do you guys think it looks like Amazon are going to be changing there operating system to a more Linux based system. Is it a good idea?
This will be based on an immutable (declarative) type of base OS using a Linux kernel.
Whether they choose to roll their own or hang their hat on something like Canonical's Core or Suse's Micro remains to be seen.
Either way be it TV's or things like firesticks, usability and usefulness will be all about the availability of the apps.
One does wonder though how hackable things will be...............

This will be based on an immutable (declarative) type of base OS using a Linux kernel.
Whether they choose to roll their own or hang their hat on something like Canonical's Core or Suse's Micro remains to be seen.
Either way be it TV's or things like firesticks, usability and usefulness will be all about the availability of the apps.
One does wonder though how hackable things will be...............
you can install most android apps on linux if you know what you are doing I don't see that being a issue.

But I should think you may see a drop I'm sales.

Funnily enough, after updating Amazon devices, Linux showed up on my network, I don't or didn't have any Linux devices, but now I do????

you can install most android apps on linux if you know what you are doing I don't see that being a issue.

But I should think you may see a drop I'm sales.
Jeff Bezos will be skint, poor lamb will be down to his last 3 billion, he'll have to cut down this Christmas, it'll be chicken soup instead of turkey this year

I have an old Chromecast but only used it from laptop to tv , dont think you can do much with first model.?

Back