New member - needs some constructive advice on which Box?

carbo

HI hope you can help as i have just joined and spent a lot of time seqrching threads tryong to decipher the terminiology and advice that is shared here.

Ideally I would value anyone who has experience of both the mag box and the Zgemma box themselves to get an unbiased opinion. I know some swear by either one or the other but I get lost within the replies as they tend to go into some expert terminology which then causes more questions?

Hopefully, you can keep it easy and the benefits of what one over the other is in your opinions would be great.
I am getting rid of Sky after 30 yrs as it has just gone to £80 month!.. plus BT infinity (ill change this as cannot put a VPN on it ), however for now just need to know the best options based on this:

1. Would ideally like to not have to change the look of the EPG for the Family, so favouring Zgemma as it runs a SLY skin - a big plus. (maybe there is an equally good looking EPG on the mag?)
2. I have a sat connection and Ethernet to the sky box, no cable so think that would be an H9S box if Zgemma. I also have a terrestrial connection available also.
3. want to record and pause
4. want HD channels
5. VOD and PPV events / sat football a must
6. good reliability and speed.
7. do you get more disruption with service on the zgemma compared to magbox?

HI hope you can help as i have just joined and spent a lot of time seqrching threads tryong to decipher the terminiology and advice that is shared here.

Ideally I would value anyone who has experience of both the mag box and the Zgemma box themselves to get an unbiased opinion. I know some swear by either one or the other but I get lost within the replies as they tend to go into some expert terminology which then causes more questions?

Hopefully, you can keep it easy and the benefits of what one over the other is in your opinions would be great.
I am getting rid of Sky after 30 yrs as it has just gone to £80 month!.. plus BT infinity (ill change this as cannot put a VPN on it ), however for now just need to know the best options based on this:

1. Would ideally like to not have to change the look of the EPG for the Family, so favouring Zgemma as it runs a SLY skin - a big plus. (maybe there is an equally good looking EPG on the mag?)
2. I have a sat connection and Ethernet to the sky box, no cable so think that would be an H9S box if Zgemma. I also have a terrestrial connection available also.
3. want to record and pause
4. want HD channels
5. VOD and PPV events / sat football a must
6. good reliability and speed.
7. do you get more disruption with service on the zgemma compared to magbox?
Informer who own mags are rolling out blocking software to there portals for iptv so portals get blocked mags are purely for iptv epg wise its standard nothing fancy don't rate them zgemmas you could have all what you want like freesat sky look able to record pause ff rewind ect as for Internet tou can buy pre configured routers with vpn on them just plug into to existing router from as little as £13 with a month's vpn sub when comes to iptv I find zgemmas handle it really well it comes down to supplier and what service you prefer some allow recording some don't other members on forum may say different to what I've posted

so are you saying i can keep BT infinity and plug in a second router with VPN - therefore getting BT service but with a VPN ?

Yes it is but the H7S is a better choice than the H9.
If you have satellite connections from a non-skyq lnb I would go for a twin sat box for freesat and then add IPTV for premium channels.

Yes it is but the H7S is a better choice than the H9.
If you have satellite connections from a non-skyq lnb I would go for a twin sat box for freesat and then add IPTV for premium channels.
thats great info - any particular reason why the H7s is better than the H9S?. I only have normal Sky sat dish and LNB never upgraded to SkyQ.

Supports internal hdd, bigger flash, multiboot and better processor in my opinion, it's dearer for a reason.

Back